The former organizer of President Donald Trump's rallies -- who now does the same for the Republican National Committee -- was reportedly fired after the president became enraged at a half-full hall for his Phoenix rally last week.
According to Bloomberg Politics, George Gigicos, the former White House director of advance events, was told in no uncertain terms that he would never organize another rally for the president after Phoenix.
Three different sources told Bloomberg that Trump had his top security aide, Keith Schiller, inform Gigicos that he was out.
According to the report, "Gigicos had staged the event in a large multipurpose room. The main floor space was bisected by a dividing wall, leaving part of the space empty. There were some bleachers off to the side, but otherwise the audience was standing -- and the scene appeared flat, lacking the energy and enthusiasm of other rallies."
Trump is known to brag about his crowds, but later video showed that the crowd was even smaller in real life which angered the president who had boasted that 15,000 attendees had showed up -- far fewer than local media reported.
Gigicos left his White House job on July 31 to return to his consulting business, but has continued Trump’s re-election campaign and the Republican National Committee.