An 8-year-old child overdosed on meth as his father watched and refused to get help: police
Curtis Collman III [Photo: screengrab from video]

An Indiana boy died after ingesting methamphetamine, according to The Tribune.


Jackson County Detective Tom Barker said that Curtis Collman III, 8, had nearly 18,000 nanograms of methamphetamine found in his bloodstream.

Barker said the lethal amount is 100 nanograms, and it's unclear exactly how much was found in Collman III body.

“We don’t know that answer, but it’s a lot,” he said.

Collman III was at the house of his father, Curtis Collman II, when he consumed the drug.

The father neglected to seek medical treatment for his son once he noticed he was not feeling well and drove the young boy to his grandparent's house.

He tried to prevent family member's from calling 911, but eventually the grandparents called the police and the young boy was taken to Schneck Medical Center where he died moments later.

Curtis Collman II, 41, was charged with neglect of a dependent causing death, possession of methamphetamine, and a level 1 felony.

He is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 4 in Jackson Circuit Court.