The year 2018 was flooded with unprecedented political scandals and corruption from President Donald Trump’s administration. The president saw no boundaries in the lies he told and the people he attacked.
Trump took to Twitter to bash any person who challenged his presidency or showed even the slightest ounce of disloyalty.
One group of people that Trump attacked consistently throughout 2018 is Black women.
“Trump’s vicious and public insults of black female professionals should remind us that black women have long had to fight for respect and dignity and against demeaning and ugly stereotypes in the public space,” Sherrilyn Ifill resident and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund wrote in The Washington Post.
Trump has attacked black women ranging from former first lady Michelle Obama to veteran journalist April Ryan.
Here are 10 black women Trump attacked in 2018.
1. While at a rally in North Carolina, the president attacked Michelle Obama. Trump said that Obama was one of the “babies” and “losers” running the country. In response to her new book “Becoming,” Trump said that he ‘would never forgive” Barack Obama for “what he did to our country.”
2. Trump has called April Ryan, a journalist for American Urban Radio, a “loser” and “nasty.”
— Josh Marshall (@joshtpm) November 9, 2018
3. Trump attacked CNN reporter Abby Phillip for asking a “stupid question.” Phillips was asking a question about Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.
And Trump today attacked another black reporter, Abby Phillip: “What a stupid question that is,” he says to her.pic.twitter.com/tqcw3NgFtt
— Keith Boykin (@keithboykin) November 9, 2018ADVERTISEMENT
4. PBS reporter Yamiche Alcindor was called “racist” by Trump after she asked a question about him being a nationalist.
— CSPAN (@cspan) November 7, 2018
5. Trump tweeted an attack and spread a false meme about Broward County election official Brenda Snipes, who helped oversee a heated midterm voting results in Florida.
Brenda Snipes, in charge of voting in Broward County, Florida, was just spotted wearing a beautiful dress with 300 I VOTED signs on it. Just kidding, she is a fine, very honorable and highly respected voting tactician!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 28, 2018
6. Trump attacked former Congresswoman Mia Love (R-Utah) by announcing she lost her race before it was officially called because she showed him “no love.”
“Too bad, Mike…Sorry about that, Mia.”ADVERTISEMENT
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) November 7, 2018
7. Trump tweeted that Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) had a low IQ.
Congresswoman Maxine Waters, an extraordinarily low IQ person, has become, together with Nancy Pelosi, the Face of the Democrat Party. She has just called for harm to supporters, of which there are many, of the Make America Great Again movement. Be careful what you wish for Max!ADVERTISEMENT
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 25, 2018
8. Trump attacked former White House staffer Omarosa Manigault-Newman as “that dog.”
When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn’t work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 14, 2018ADVERTISEMENT
9. Trump’s White House tweeted out a lie about Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) supporting MS-13.
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) July 2, 2018
10. Trump called Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-Fla) “wacky.”
I hope the Fake News Media keeps talking about Wacky Congresswoman Wilson in that she, as a representative, is killing the Democrat Party!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 21, 2017