On Tuesday, CBS News' Scott MacFarlane reported that defense counsel representing Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio are trying to garner sympathy for him in a new court filing.
Tarrio, the filing says, is "locked up, broke, [and] jobless" and ready to "tell his side of the January 6 story."
\u201cIn new court filing, Proud Boys figure Enrique Tarrio's defense says he is:\n\n"Locked up, broke, jobless, and getting ready for a trial on the criminal docket that commences August 8, 2022"\n\nBut "wants to tell his side of the January 6 story"\u201d— Scott MacFarlane (@Scott MacFarlane) 1655812975
Tarrio, who was denied jail release last month, was recently slapped with seditious conspiracy charges for his role in the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol. This comes after leaders of the paramilitary group the Oath Keepers were hit with similar charges.
They played a key role in the effort to storm the Capitol, believing that they could prevent the certification of President Joe Biden's electoral win if they disrupted Congress from counting the electors.
Documents have revealed the extent of the Proud Boys' plan to invade the Capitol complex, including using a "covert sleeper" to set up an appointment and block traffic to keep police out.
Eric Greitens 'Rhino Hunt' ad creates label of being 'mentally unstable' www.youtube.com