ORLANDO, Fla. — A 64-year-old old man has been arrested for allegedly setting fire to the Pulse Interim Memorial last month, the Orlando Fire Department said Tuesday. Mark Anthony Henson faces a charge of felony criminal mischief for the fire at the center of the memorial dedicated to the 49 victims of the June 2016 massacre, at 1912 South Orange Ave. in Orlando. His arrest came days after the onePULSE Foundation released grainy security video of a man using a wheelchair who could be seen sparking the blaze, before quickly leaving. Pulse survivor Orlando Torres said he helped locate the man. “...
Stories Chosen For You
A Texas police department is defending one of its officers for snapping a selfie with vigilante gunman Kyle Rittenhouse.
Thrall police posted the photo, showing the unidentified officer smiling next to Rittenhouse, on their official Facebook page welcoming the teenage gunman who killed two demonstrators and wounded a third during a protest against a police shooting in Kenosha, Wisconsin, reported Fox News.
"Make those stops, you never know who you might meet," the post read. "Today it was Kyle Rittenhouse, welcome to Texas."
The post was shared more than 1,500 times and received more than 1,700 comments, and the department updated the post to respond to widespread criticism.
"I must have missed something," the post read. "I believed that this young man was arrested, charged, indicted and then found not guilty by a jury of his peers. Is this not how our country works anymore? The hate in these comments is terrible, if you have information that is contrary to that I would honestly love to hear it."
Rittenhouse, who was 17 years old at the time and living in Illinois, said he crossed state lines in August 2020 and used a rifle to defend businesses from protesters following the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man.
He was acquitted on all charges during a November 2021 trial, and the 19-year-old is reportedly attending Blinn College, a public junior college in Texas, and hopes to transfer to Texas A&M University.
Donald Trump's former personal lawyer says that he thinks the ex-president will try to make Rudy Giuliani the scapegoat for any potential criminal charges that could result from the FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago.
Michael Cohen told CNN's Don Lemon that "the next scapegoat is going to be Rudy 'Collude-y' Giuliani."
"I believe that everybody likes a bargain, but Donald Trump really likes a bargain," Cohen said. "And I believe that Rudy is like a BOGO — Buy one, get one half off. They're going to throw him under the bus for Mar-a-Lago. And at the same time, they're going to throw him under the bus for Georgia."
Giuliani is currently the target of a criminal probe in Georgia regarding the 2020 election.
Cohen called Trump "Captain Chaos" and said the former his usual tactic is to "throw as much at the American public that he can in order to confuse them."
"He truly believes that the American public has like a two-day — maybe, if you're bright, a three-day window of remembering what's going on," he said.
Cohen added that Trump is likely a little bit scared.
"He's scared of the documents that they now have possession and control over because this is documentary evidence," Cohen said. "This is evidence that they can use against him."
Fox host Steve Doocy reminds GOP senator that DOJ is keeping evidence sealed in case Trump is innocent
"Fox & Friends" host Steve Doocy gently corrected Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) on basic facts about criminal investigations during a segment on the FBI search of Donald Trump's home.
Investigators carried out a search warrant last week at Mar-A-Lago and seized 11 sets of top-secret documents the former president may have illegally taken from the White House, and the South Carolina Republican demanded the Department of Justice release the evidence justifying the search.
"Merrick Garland refuses to cooperate in releasing all the information necessary to understand what happened," Scott said.
Doocy, however, pushed back by reminding Scott that investigators hold back some of that evidence to protect the target of their investigation -- in this case, Trump.
"The senator knows that in a criminal investigation like this they don't release it until they've figured out whether somebody's going to be charged or not," Doocy said, "and if they're not charged, they don't release it so they do not unfairly tarnish the reputation of an innocent person."
The warrant and related materials, unsealed by a Florida judge last week, showed FBI agents took away with them a significant amount of classified files after the raid, which ignited a political firestorm in an already bitterly divided country.
The extraordinary search was partly based on suspicions of violations of the US Espionage Act related to the illegal retention of sensitive defense documents, the warrant showed.
Some of the papers were marked "top secret" and were "meant to be only available in special government facilities," said the unsealed seven-page federal court filing.
The filing contained a list of items removed from Mar-a-Lago, including information about the "President of France," and the warrant to search the palatial estate in Palm Beach.
The Washington Post on Thursday cited anonymous sources close to the investigation as saying classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the papers sought during the raid.
Watch video below.
\u201cFox News' Steve Doocy responds to Sen. Scott (R-SC) attacking AG Garland for not releasing all info on the Mar-a-Lago search:\n\n\u201cThe senator knows that in a criminal investigation ... they don\u2019t release it until they\u2019ve figured out whether or not somebody\u2019s going to be charged.\u201d\u201d— The Recount (@The Recount) 1660658142
With additional reporting by AFP