US soldier deletes AP photographer's photos, threatens violence
Following a suicide bombing and ensuing gunfight between Afghan militants and American soldiers on Sunday, a US soldier demanded that an Associated Press photographer delete his photos. The photographer, Rahmat Gul, did not witness the suicide attack or the gun battle, reports the AP, but was in the vicinity.
Gul and a video cameraman working for AP Television News were taking pictures of a vehicle inside which four people had been shot to death when a US soldier demanded that Gul delete his photos.
The report continues, "Gul said he later received permission to take photos from another soldier, but that the first soldier came back and angrily told him to delete the photos again. Gul said the soldier then raised his fist as if he was going to strike Gul."
The US military did not comment on the matter.