‘Dancing with the Stars’ courting ousted press secretary Sean Spicer: report
Since his shock resignation as White House press secretary last Friday, Sean Spicer has reportedly been in talks with officials at NBC, CBS and Fox News. But, according to Page Six, a surprising TV show is courting the Trump administration castaway: ABC’s Dancing With the Stars.
Spicer may not have made it six months under the reality-star-turned-president Donald Trump, but “Stars” is reportedly willing to bet Spicer can tap dance on stage just as well as he tap danced around reporters’ questions.
One TV insider even told Page Six the possibility of Spicer joining the “Stars” cast “has legs.”
Spicer would not be the first former or current member of the Trump administration to join “Stars.” Energy Secretary Rick Perry starred on the dance reality show last year after losing out in the GOP primary. His Texas-themed cha-cha set was largely viewed as a flop (oops).
For now, ABC is refusing to confirm or deny whether the network is courting Trump’s former press secretary.
“I have no comment.” An ABC told Page Six. “We don’t comment on casting.”