Top Stories Daily Listen Now
RawStory

Video

'There is data': CBS host busts Trump's FDA head by reading study results to him

"Face the Nation" host Margaret Brennan continually called out Donald Trump's choice to head the FDA on Sunday morning for making blanket statements about vaccine studies and undergoing a conversion to align himself with HHS head Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

With Dr. Marty Makakry batting away the host's questions on why he's dismissing previous studies of the safety of vaccines, Brennan put him on the spot about pregnant women.

"We're saying it's going to be between a doctor and a patient until that committee meets or more experts weigh in, or we get some clinical data. If there's zero clinical data, you're opining. I mean, you're just, it's a theory, and so we don't want to put out an absolute recommendation for kids with no clinical data at this point," he stated while talking about inoculating children," he told the host.

EXCLUSIVE: Trump accused of new grift that puts Qatari plane in shade

"So you made this pronouncement as well on pregnant women. There is data," she pressed before reading from a document. "Researchers in the UK analyzed a series of 67 studies, which included 1.8 million women, and the journal BMJ Global Health published it. People can Google it at home, and it says the COVID vaccine in pregnant women is highly effective in reducing the odds of maternal SARS-CoV-2 infection, hospital admission and improves pregnancy outcomes with no serious safety concerns. This is data that shows that it is recommended or could be advised, for pregnant women to take this vaccine. Why do you find otherwise?"

"There's no randomized control trial. That's the gold standard," he parried "Those 67 studies are mixed. The data in pregnant women is different for healthy versus women with a comorbid condition. So it's a very mixed bag. So we're saying your obstetrician, your primary care doctor, and the pregnant woman should together decide whether or not to get it. 12 percent of pregnant women last year got the COVID shot. So people have serious concerns, and it's probably because they want to see a randomized trial data, the randomized trial of pregnant women–."


"But in the meantime, the world moves on," the CBS host protested. "And you published in the New England Journal of Medicine on May 20. In that report, you referenced, you listed pregnancy as an underlying medical condition that increases a person's risk for severe COVID. You said that. So then seven days later, you joined in this video announcement saying you should drop the recommendation for the COVID vaccine in healthy pregnant women. So what changed in the seven days?"

"In the New England Journal of Medicine, we simply list what the. what the CDC has traditionally defined as high risk, and we're just saying, decide with your doctor. We're not saying the other–," he replied only to be interrupted again.

"But doctors want data and information as well from you," Brennan pointed out.

"-- and the randomized trial," Makaray continued.

"So here's the data on pregnant women," he attempted. "A randomized control trial was set up, and it was closed without any explanation. We wanted to see that trial complete so women can have information that in a randomized control trial, which is the gold standard, this is what the data shows. We don't have those data."

"All right. It is still unclear what pregnant women now should do until they get the data that you say--," Brennan replied as Makaray interjected, "I'd say talk to their doctor."

You can watch below or at the link

Keep reading... Show less

'Deflection': Fox News host busts Elon Musk for dodging drug use question

Fox News host Howard Kurtz called out billionaire DOGE administrator Elon Musk for deflecting questions about his alleged drug abuse.

"At the Oval Office Presser, Fox's Peter Doocy started to ask Musk about a detailed report on his allegedly frequent drug use, including ecstasy and psychedelic mushrooms, to the point where the article says it damaged his bladder," Kurtz noted on Sunday.

Keep reading... Show less

'Never been easier' to bribe a president: Ex-FBI counterintel official

During an appearance on MSNBNC on Sunday, former FBI official Frank Figliuzzi was asked about Donald Trump and his family's embrace of crypto and he responded the timing is not coincidental.

Speaking with host Ali Velshi, the former assistant director for counterintelligence at the FBI, claimed there is little to stop the Trump family from getting away with accepting bribes in the current atmosphere in Washington, D.C.

"We talk about espionage in terms of spies and classified information," host Velshi began. "But what happens when financial systems like unregulated markets, like crypto become this new battleground for influence operations? We're not built for this, we're not prepared for this. "

EXCLUSIVE: Trump accused of new grift that puts Qatari plane in shade

"Yeah, we're not," the ex-FBI director replied. "And it's never been easier to try to get access to a president to try and bribe a president, because now the machinery of that is out in the open."

"I'm old enough to remember when corruption and espionage, like activities on the business-side happened in dark rooms, smoke-filled back rooms, dark restaurants. It's out in the open, and it's almost challenging for us to do something about it, daring us to to find a way to hold people accountable."

"The law has not caught.up with technology, with the financial world," he elaborated. "This is a constant game of trying to play catch up and in this environment, our elected legislators, because they align with the majority, align themselves with the man in the Oval Office, they're unlikely to go for anything that impedes the kind of corruption that can happen when you can literally buy access to the president."

You can watch below or at the link

Keep reading... Show less

'Not hearing any solutions': Fox News host clobbers whining Ron Johnson

Fox News host Maria Bartiromo confronted Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI) for complaining about the national debt and deficit instead of proposing solutions.

"From my standpoint, I want to see the president succeed," Johnson opined in a Sunday interview. "I want to take a tax increase, an automatic tax increase, off the table as soon as possible."

Keep reading... Show less

Trump official put on the spot for saying he wants federal workers traumatized

During an interview on CNN with host Dana Bash, Donald Trump's budget director was out on the spot for previous comments he made about wanting federal workers to be "in trauma."

Appearing on "State of the Union" to defend the current budget bill coming out of the Republican-controlled NHouse, Bash switched it up on OMB Director Russell Vought by playing a clip of him glibly attacking civil servants.

In the clip he can be heard stating, "“We want the bureaucrats to be traumatically affected. When they wake up in the morning, we want them to not want to go to work because they are increasingly viewed as the villains. We want their funding to be shut down so that the EPA can’t do all of the rules against our energy industry because they have no bandwidth financially to do so. We want to put them in trauma.”

EXCLUSIVE: Trump accused of new grift that puts Qatari plane in shade

"Is that your goal as OMB director?" Bash asked.

"Look, I love how you jerry, jerry-picked (sic)the quote on trauma," he parried. "What I was referring to there was the bureaucracy. We do believe there is weaponized bureaucracy. We do believe that there are people who have been part of administrations that are fundamentally woke and weaponized against the American people."

"I have great people at OMB. There are great people at the FAA. There are great people a the NIH who are doing hard work and important public service activities and I think it's important to provide the full context of what people like me have said in the past," he pushed back. "But we're not going to be pushed, receive push-back, from the notion that we're going to dramatically change the deep woke and weaponized administrative state. "

You can watch below or at the link:

Keep reading... Show less

NBC host to Mike Johnson: 'Do you only believe the CBO when a Dem is president?'

NBC host Kristen Welker confronted House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) because she said President Donald Trump's "Big, Beautiful bill" would "add to the debt and deficit."

"Mr. Speaker, a number of Senate Republicans share Elon Musk's concerns that it will add to the debt and deficit," Welker told Johnson in a Sunday morning interview.

Keep reading... Show less

Texas state rep. wants his kids' school 'celebrated' for being least vaccinated

Texas state Rep. Nate Schatzline (R) said he wanted his children's school to be "celebrated" because it was one of the "least vaccinated" schools in the state.

In a recent Instagram post, Schatzline railed about Star-Telegram reporter Bud Kennedy, who revealed the school's unvaccinated status.

Keep reading... Show less

'Bonkers': Joni Ernst mocked for making scandal worse with cemetery selfie video

Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) was brutally ridiculed by political observers on Saturday after she released an awkward selfie video at a cemetery in response to a recent town hall scandal.

The Iowa Republican came under fire at her town hall when she defended rolling back benefits for those she said were not supposed to be eligible for assistance. "People will die," one woman shouted out.

Keep reading... Show less

'Hit a nerve': Insider reveals why Trump is 'even more frustrated' by nickname

Donald Trump recently lashed out at a reporter who the president said asked a "nasty" question, and another reporter on Saturday explained exactly why the commander-in-chief was "even more frustrated" by the inquiry.

Semafor's Shelby Talcott, who recently was in the Oval Office with Trump, appeared on MSNBC on Saturday to talk about Trump's recent actions.

Keep reading... Show less

Watch: Dem lawmaker's aide handcuffed by Trump agency cops in 'chaotic' moment

Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY)'s aide was arrested and video of the "dramatic" and "chaotic" incident was published online.

The Gothamist recently reported that U.S. Department of Homeland Security police had handcuffed one of Rep. Jerry Nadler aides in the congressmember's Manhattan office, "which is in the same federal office building as an immigration courthouse," according to the outlet's report.

Keep reading... Show less

'It's not fair!' CNN's Jennings goes off on treatment of Trump by 60 Minutes

CNN conservative Scott Jennings went on a tirade on Saturday morning after "Table for Five" host Abby Phillip pointed out that Donald Trump is trying to use his presidential bully pulpit to enrich himself in his battle with CBS.

Near the conclusion of the Saturday morning show, the viral Wake Forrest University commencement speech given by "60 Minutes" host Scott Pelley took center stage which led to the two butting heads.

Reflecting on Pelley telling the graduates, "You are the educated. You are the compassionate. You are the fierce defenders of democracy, the seekers of truth, the vanguard against ignorance. You are millions strong across our land. I might be sorry that you were picked by history for this role. But maybe that was the plan. Hard times are going to make you better and going to make you stronger," Trump's lawsuit was hotly debated.

EXCLUSIVE: Trump accused of new grift that puts Qatari plane in shade

'"Trump as president is saying that the government is going to on his private behest, stop a company from doing a business transaction because he wants it," Phillip stated. "That's different from settling legal disputes before you go into a merger and acquisition. That's Trump using the government to go after a company so that he can get dollars out of it, millions, millions and millions of dollars."

"Look, I know he sued them because he believes he was treated unfairly or they treated the Kamala Harris interview unfairly and tried to put their thumb on the scale of a presidential election," the conservative replied. "They're having conversations about settling it. We'll see how it shakes out."

He then continued, as he voice rose, "Actually, I think he has a point about it. And if you've watched "60 Minutes" for five minutes over the last several years, you would know it's not fair!"

'I mean, I mean, this is this is this is one of the shows, this is one of the outlets that conservatives would point to most often to say, you know, this is the state of American journalism," he complained. "It's only here to try to hurt Republicans, hurt conservatives, hurt Donald Trump."

You can watch below or at the link.

Keep reading... Show less

'All kinds of nuttery' by 'liar' Trump official crippling foreign deals: analyst

Longtime trading partners with the U.S. are in no hurry to work out deals with Donald Trump's administration because they don't find one of his point men credible.

That is the opinion of anti-Trump conservative Jennifer Rubin who stated on MSNBC on Saturday morning that Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick is considered a joke who will say anything to defend the president's trade war. and policies.

Keep reading... Show less

'Let's be honest': Jasmine Crockett brutally nails the damage Musk left behind

Less than 24 hours after billionaire Elon Musk did his exit interview with Donald Trump in televised Oval Office appearance, Rep. Jasmine Crockett (D-TX) had a few things to say during an appearance on MSNBC.

Speaking with the co-hosts of "The Weekend," the popular Texas Democrat began by bidding the highly controversial Musk goodbye by laughing and joking, "Hallelujah is what I've got to say. Is it Sunday? Let us all give thanks to the good lord above."

She then got down the particulars of Musk's tenure after he foisted the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) on the U.S. voters despite never being elected to office himself.

EXCLUSIVE: Trump accused of new grift that puts Qatari plane in shade

"Let me tell you something, he is gone but the musk is still going to linger in the air," she quipped. "We know, as you went through in your intro, that there are so many people that have been impacted by these ridiculous and not thought-out cuts and it's not just the federal workers. It's those constituents of ours, our citizens, that are being impacted the hardest by these cuts."

"And so here it is: you basically let this guy run wild and, honestly I feel like all of the cuts to federal employees there was nothing more than a distraction for the things that he really wanted to do, which is to make sure that there was no oversight over his companies, the companies that were under investigation this was to kind of keep us busy and distracted," she added.

Keep reading... Show less