Top Stories Daily Listen Now
RawStory

Latest Headlines

Pam Bondi erupts as she claims Biden administration took Trump's phone

Attorney General Pam Bondi lashed out at the Biden administration on X Tuesday after she accused it of “unprecedented action” of seizing President Donald Trump’s phone.

Bondi made the announcement as part of the Justice Department’s ongoing investigation into Operation Arctic Frost, an alleged project perpetrated by the Biden administration to investigate Republicans over efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election.

Keep reading... Show less

Bomb threat on plane forces all flights to be shut down at DC airport: reports

A United flight arriving at Washington's National Airport was isolated on a runway around noon on Tuesday after reports of a bomb on board, according to reports.

The major international airport was hit by a ground stop.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump official warns of ‘mass chaos’ if shutdown doesn't end before next week

Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy issued a grace warning Tuesday over the ongoing government shutdown, predicting that if it were to persist into next week the United States would descend into “mass chaos.”

“If you bring us to a week from today, Democrats, you will see mass chaos, you will see mass flight delays,” Duffy said, according to Reuters reporter David Shepardson. “You'll see mass cancellations, and you may see us close certain parts of the airspace, because we just cannot manage it.”

Keep reading... Show less

'Never good news': Expert flags unusual judge demand in James Comey case

For a second time, U.S. District Court Judge Cameron McGowan Currie has ordered the Department of Justice to turn over transcripts from the grand jury that indicted former FBI Director James Comey after the department failed to include statements made by interim U.S. Attorney Lindsey Halligan.

In an order last month, McGowan first requested the transcripts after Comey alleged that the indictment should be dismissed because Halligan, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, was invalidly appointed to her position.

Keep reading... Show less

'I’m angry with the president': Florida Trump voters reeling from 'cruel and bad' policies

Latino voters who helped seal Florida's status as a Republican stronghold are now reeling with anger, bewilderment and guilt over their support of President Donald Trump, according to El País.

"Trump’s manifesto of economic prosperity and law and order clashes with a reality that continues to punish disadvantaged families," writes Abel Fernández.

Keep reading... Show less

'Deadly stain': Onlookers crack up as agent complains Sandwich Guy made his uniform smell

The first day of the trial of Sean Dunn, the man known as D.C.'s "Sandwich Guy" after he was accused of hurling a Subway hoagie at a federal agent, kicked off on Tuesday — with his alleged victim the first on the stand.

According to the federal agent, Gregory Lairmore, the assault by a sub resulted in his uniform being permeated with the "smell" of "onions and the mustard." He told a jury it "exploded" as it hit him, though defense lawyers showed pictures of the sandwich on the ground, still in its wrapper.

Keep reading... Show less

'Smell the onions': Jury hears how colleagues ridiculed agent attacked by Sandwich Guy

A Border Patrol agent testified that a former federal worker threw a sandwich at him so hard he felt the impact through his ballistic vest.

Sean Dunn, who was fired from his Justice Department job after becoming known as the "D.C. Sandwich Guy," is standing trial this week for misdemeanor assault of a federal officer. Border Patrol agent Gregory Lairmore narrated surveillance video Tuesday in court showing the incident.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump reneges on promise to judge as he vows not to pay SNAP until shutdown ends

President Donald Trump announced that Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits would not be disbursed until the government shutdown ends after attorneys for his administration promised a federal judge that at least half of the payments would be sent out in November.

"SNAP BENEFITS, which increased by Billions and Billions of Dollars (MANY FOLD!) during Crooked Joe Biden's disastrous term in office (Due to the fact that they were haphazardly 'handed' to anyone for the asking, as opposed to just those in need, which is the purpose of SNAP!), will be given only when the Radical Left Democrats open up government, which they can easily do, and not before! Thank you for your attention to this matter," the president announced Tuesday in a post on Truth Social.

Keep reading... Show less

'Hard to overstate' how badly Trump hurt Republicans in Virginia: political strategist

Political strategist Max Burns claims President Donald Trump would have had to work hard to do Democrats any more favors in the upcoming gubernatorial race in Virginia.

“Trump’s government shutdown led to widespread fury among Virginia’s more than 320,000 struggling federal workers,” argued Burns at MSNBC. “Now, [Republican candidate Winsome] Earle-Sears is performing the worst of all GOP statewide candidates and trailing [Democratic candidate Abigail] Spanberger by roughly seven percentage points. Ouch.”

Keep reading... Show less

Jimmy Kimmel broadcaster told Charlie Kirk's widow they would have him apologize

Erika Kirk, the widow of slain right-wing influencer Charlie Kirk, revealed Tuesday that she had rejected an offer from Sinclair Broadcasting Group to have Jimmy Kimmel apologize to her after his controversial remarks that led to his show’s short-lived cancellation.

Kimmel’s late-night talk show was briefly cancelled after he mocked President Donald Trump's reaction to the killing, and after Federal Communications Chair Brendan Carr threatened to pull ABC’s license over the remarks. While his show was quickly reinstated, prominent Republicans – including Vice President JD Vance – would go on to attack Kimmel for his remarks, and defend his show’s cancellation.

Keep reading... Show less

Mike Johnson defends Trump's 'obligatory' Gatsby party amid SNAP cuts

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) defended President Donald Trump for throwing a Great Gatsby-themed party at Mar-A-Lago as his administration was expected to suspend supplemental food aid for Americans.

During a press conference on Tuesday, a reporter asked Johnson about the "split-screen" optics of Trump's lavish party, which occurred as recipients of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as SNAP or food stamps, wondered how they would feed themselves.

Keep reading... Show less

'Can’t believe this is real!' Expert enraged by 'sickening' new White House website

A legal expert is enraged by the Trump White House's new Myspace spoof website launched during the government shutdown, saying "I can't believe this is real" and calling the move "disgusting."

Eliza Orlins, a public defender and former Manhattan district attorney candidate, said in an Instagram reel that the White House launched a page on its website called "Mysafespace" to attack Democrats and mock them with racist and sexist "jokes" about Minority Leader Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and other leaders.

Keep reading... Show less

Uproar as 'secret court fight' targets Stephen Miller protester

A court fight is playing out over federal and state investigations into a Virginia activist who passed out leaflets showing the home address of White House official Stephen Miller.

Court records reviewed by the New York Times show that a local court approved the search of a cellphone belonging to Barbara Wien, who has not been charged with any crime, as part of an ongoing investigation by multiple law enforcement agencies, including the FBI and Secret Service.

Keep reading... Show less