Top Stories Daily Listen Now
RawStory

Push Notification

Feds probing whether 'despicable' New Orleans attack tied to Cybertruck blast: Biden

President Joe Biden on Wednesday evening called the deadly vehicle attack in New Orleans "despicable" but urged Americans not to jump to any conclusions, even as he said the suspect shared just before the attack he was inspired by ISIS.

Biden's remarks came after the death toll climbed to 15 in what authorities were investigating as a terrorist attack in the city's famed French Quarter. Shamsud-Din Jabbar, 42, of Texas, drove into a crowd of revelers on Bourbon Street, authorities said.

Keep reading... Show less

New Orleans driver who mowed down dozens, killing 10, had ISIS flag on trailer: officials

A Texas man who drove into a crowded New Orleans street, killing 10 and injuring dozens of others, was in a pickup truck that had an ISIS flag on the hitch, Federal officials said in an update Wednesday afternoon.

Officials identified the driver as Shamsud-Din Jabbar, 42, and said they do not believe he acted alone in the attack early Wednesday on Bourbon Street. Two officials told CNN that the suspect had previously served in the U.S. military.

Keep reading... Show less

At least 10 dead as truck plows into New Orleans’ Bourbon Street crowds

Editor's note: This article has been updated to confirm that the attack was "intentional" and left 30 people injured. It has also been updated to confirm that the suspect is dead.

A mass casualty incident occurred in New Orleans' French Quarter in the early morning hours of New Year's Day, according to several reports, in what was an "intentional" attack, Police Chief Anne Kirkpatrick said during a Wednesday morning press conference.

Keep reading... Show less

FBI seizes its largest ever cache of homemade explosives from alleged extremist's farm

The Justice Department is fighting to keep an anti-government extremist in custody after the FBI allegedly seized the largest cache of "finished explosive devices" in its history from a farm outside of Norfolk, VA.

Brad Kenneth Spafford, 36, was arrested on Dec. 17 for allegedly possessing an unregistered short barrel rifle. The single-count charge led to a search of Spafford's 20-acre farm, where federal investigators said they found a mass quantity of homemade explosives.

Keep reading... Show less

Congress just committed a 'New Years Eve ethics massacre': watchdog

Daniel Schuman, the executive director of the American Governance Institute and a former legislative attorney for the Congressional Research Service, is flagging a new change being enacted by the House Ethics Committee that he says amounts to a "New Year's Eve ethics massacre."

Writing on his Substack page, Schuman accuses both Republicans and Democrats on the committee of passing rule changes that make corruption easier to get away with.

Keep reading... Show less

Bannon escalates war on ‘toddler’ Elon Musk: ‘We took you on and ripped your face off!’

Right-wing influencer Steve Bannon continued his assault against billionaire Elon Musk's push to expand H-1B visas for foreign workers.

On his Tuesday morning War Room broadcast, Bannon called out Musk and Vivek Ramaswamy, co-chairs of President-elect Donald Trump's Department of Government Efficiency.

Keep reading... Show less

Second House Republican signals defiance of Trump's Mike Johnson endorsement

Rep, Victoria Spartz (R-IN) on Monday signaled that she's not on board with President-elect Donald Trump's decision to back Mike Johnson's bid for the speakership.

Shortly after renegade Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) put out a statement defying Trump's call to make Johnson speaker, Spartz sent out a message on X that also poured cold water on the idea.

Keep reading... Show less

Donald Trump officially endorses 'religious man' Mike Johnson for speaker

President-elect Donald Trump offered his official endorsement for reelecting Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA) as speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.

In a Monday post on his Truth Social platform, Trump praised his presidential victory and attacked Democrats before endorsing Johnson.

Keep reading... Show less

Appeals court slaps down Trump's bid to toss E. Jean Carroll sex abuse verdict

The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has slapped down President-elect Donald Trump's efforts to throw out a jury verdict that found he defamed and sexually abused journalist E. Jean Carroll.

In the ruling, the court not only affirmed the jury's verdict against Trump but also chided him for not putting forth anything close to sufficient evidence that would make the court even consider overturning it.

Keep reading... Show less

'This just got awkward': Ivanka Trump seen at party thrown by her dad's 'longtime rival'

Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka was reportedly spotted at a party thrown by one of her father's longtime rivals.

Ivanka, who largely stayed out of the political fray while the former and incoming president was running for his second term, was spotted at billionaire Jeff Bezos' "star-studded Aspen dinner," according to Daily Mail.

Keep reading... Show less

'You're tripping': Trump's own fans disagree with his latest political statement

Donald Trump made a political statement on Sunday, prompting his own supporters to voice their disagreements with him.

Trump over the weekend marked the passing of fellow former President Jimmy Carter, who died after receiving hospice care in his home.

Keep reading... Show less

'Nothing was gained': Trump takes aim at one of Republicans' 'dumbest political decisions'

Donald Trump on Sunday attacked someone he said he considers a "friend," calling out former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy for what the president-elect says is "one of the dumbest political decisions made in years."

McCarthy was booted from his position heading the House Republicans after former GOP lawmaker Matt Gaetz and others voted for his removal. After an extended process of votes for a new Speaker, the Republicans ultimately selected Mike Johnson, who was relatively unknown at the time.

Keep reading... Show less

'Nuclear demolition': Columnist flags 'MAGA's real World War III' the media is missing

While mainstream media is talking about potential invasions of Greenland and Panama, Donald Trump and Elon Musk are making advancements in their real war effort, according to a columnist's analysis.

National opinion columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer, Will Bunch, is no stranger to issues related to the president-elect.

Keep reading... Show less