Top Stories Daily Listen Now
RawStory

Trump News

Trump 'signed off on plan' to fire FDA commissioner who slow-walked flavored vapes

President Donald Trump has "signed off on a plan" to oust Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Marty Makary, sources told the Wall Street Journal.

According to Friday's report, Trump has clashed with Makary over the speed at which flavored nicotine vapes are being approved. The president has also had disagreements with the FDA commissioner on abortion and drug policy, the sources said.

Keep reading... Show less

'Not a good sign' Trump's White House was blindsided by CIA's Iran report: ex-diplomat

Expressing both bemusement and concern at the same time, former Undersecretary of State Richard Stengel stated on MS NOW on Friday morning that a bombshell CIA report that Iran still has the ability to stand up to the U.S. is bad news, but it is even worse that it caught the White House by surprise.

Citing the Washington Post report, host Anna Cabrera asked, “So, Rick, given this CIA assessment suggesting Iran can withstand a lot more pain and they can hold off if the U.S. has a blockade for more months, in fact, and given other reporting that U.S. military assets were more severely, severely damaged by Iran than the administration has let on, what does that mean for the kind of leverage Iran might have in any negotiation?

Keep reading... Show less

Sean Duffy reveals he took a 7-month road trip for reality show while transportation head

Former Fox News contributor Sean Duffy revealed that he spent seven months making a reality show while serving the country as Secretary of Transportation.

In a Friday interview on Fox News, Duffy and his wife, Fox News host Rachel Campos-Duffy, announced their new program called "The Great American Road Trip."

Keep reading... Show less

ABC hits back with unprecedented lawsuit as Trump's admin targets 'The View'

ABC has filed an aggressive defense against Federal Communications Commission regulatory action, accusing the agency of violating the network's free speech rights and creating a chilling effect on political content. The filing, made public Friday, represents the network's most forceful pushback since President Donald Trump began pressuring media organizations last year.

The dispute centers on ABC's morning talk show "The View," after FCC Chair Brendan Carr questioned whether the program qualifies for a news exemption under equal time rules, which require broadcast stations to provide political candidates equal airtime, reported the New York Times. The show features political interviews and commentary, often critical of Trump.

Keep reading... Show less

Typo-riddled mess of terror report gets Trump hammered by critics: ‘Written by an intern’

Critics hounded the Trump administration on Friday after the White House released its 2026 Counterterrorism Strategy report earlier that morning, which onlookers immediately noticed was riddled with typos and grammatical errors.

“This entire document looks like something written by an intern,” wrote author and foreign policy analyst Kabir Taneja on Friday in a social media post on X.

Keep reading... Show less

'Good news': Trump secretary brags about taking food stamps from '4.5 million people'

Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins recently celebrated the removal of food stamps from 4.5 million Americans.

During an interview with Newsmax host Rob Finnerty this week, Rollins seemed jubilant about her success in moving people off of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).

Keep reading... Show less

CBS News' Bari Weiss threatened to sue 60 Minutes reporter after axed story furor: report

Emmy award-winning "60 Minutes" correspondent Sharyn Alfonsi has retained a prominent litigator as her tenure at the prestigious CBS News program heads for an abrupt end — the result of a public clash with newly appointed CBS News head Bari Weiss that has escalated into legal threats.

Alfonsi's contract with the network is set to expire at the end of the month with little hope of renewal after Weiss killed her ready-to-run "Inside CECOT" investigation just hours before it was scheduled to air, Page Six Hollywood reported Friday. The investigation focused on the controversial deportation of multiple people to a notorious El Salvador prison.

At the time, the correspondent responded by sending an internal memo to her colleagues criticizing what she characterized as management's meddling and an attempt to "shield [the Trump] administration." The memo was leaked to the press, creating a public firestorm that forced Weiss to publicly defend her decision to pull the segment.

According to Page Six, Weiss subsequently threatened to sue Alfonsi for the leak, claiming it constituted a breach of contract. However, sources close to the situation suggest the dispute may be resolved amicably, with one insider noting that "Bari has her hands full right now."

Alfonsi has engaged Bryan Freedman, a high-profile litigator known for representing on-air news talent including Megyn Kelly, Don Lemon, Tiffany Cross, and Tucker Carlson after their respective networks terminated them. Freedman is renowned for extracting substantial settlements for his news clients — most notably securing $69 million for Kelly when she departed NBC News in 2019, according to the Page Six report.

However, sources familiar with the clash told Page Six that Alfonsi may face significant obstacles in securing a major settlement. Since CBS News is not firing her but simply allowing her contract to expire, her legal leverage appears limited.

Trump sparks fresh nuclear war panic with 'almost unthinkable' new threat

As he struggles to force Iran’s capitulation, US President Donald Trump issued what seemed to be yet another threat to commit an act of mass destruction against the country through nuclear warfare.

When negotiations have faltered in recent weeks, Trump has on multiple occasions defaulted to genocidal threats—including that the “whole civilization” of Iran would “die,” and that the whole country would be “blown up“—which have only seemed to anger and galvanize his Iranian adversaries rather than make them quake with fear.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump ignorance blamed for wiping out vast swaths of US industry: 'Economic serial killer'

President Donald Trump was dubbed an "economic serial killer" for killing off companies and entire industries with his policies.

Catherine Rampell, an economics editor at The Bulwark and an anchor at MS NOW, published a column Friday questioning the 79-year-old president's priorities after his administration paid out $2 billion in taxpayer funds to arm-twist developers into halting offshore wind projects that were already in the works.

Keep reading... Show less

'Pure drivel': Melania-bylined Mother's Day column gets WaPo hit with new blowback

It didn't take long on Friday for readers of the Jeff Bezos-owned Washington Post to lash out at the once venerable Washington institution for publishing a column purportedly written by Donald Trump’s wife, Melania.

Going into the Mother's Day weekend, Melania, who gave birth to Trump’s fifth child, Barron, extolled the virtues of being a mother in a column with the headline “Mothers are America’s strength,” and a subhed of “Women can lead boldly at work while restoring the honor of motherhood.”

Keep reading... Show less

Lindsey Graham freaks out that GOP's redistricting push will backfire in home state

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) cautioned that a redistricting attempt in South Carolina could backfire because of the state's large Black population.

"I would recommend that everybody look at the map and see if it's a net positive [for Republicans]," Graham told SCETV News in an interview this week. "It's up to the state legislature to do this, but in trying to pick up a seat, you don't want to jeopardize other seats."

Keep reading... Show less

Ex-aide warns White House has secret 'Doomsday' plan – and Trump may be plotting to use it

Former Homeland Security Chief of Staff Miles Taylor issued a dire warning Friday about a secret instruction book hidden in a “secure location” at the White House that contains a catalog of pre-drafted executive orders that would allow the president to do "extraordinary things” — powers that Taylor feared President Donald Trump may soon invoke.

“After I served in Donald Trump’s administration, ultimately as chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security, one of the possibilities that worried me most was that the wrong person would gain access to that book,” Taylor wrote in a report published Friday in The i Paper.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump roasted as 'never-before-seen' data dump berated as another Epstein 'distraction'

The Department of Defense released what it called a "UFO" website Friday, but critics labeled it no more than a distraction.

In a Truth Social post in February, President Donald Trump said he would "be directing the Secretary of War, and other relevant Departments and Agencies, to begin the process of identifying and releasing Government files related to alien and extraterrestrial life, unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), and unidentified flying objects (UFOs)."

Keep reading... Show less