RawStory

Trump News

5 things to know about ICE agent who gunned down Minneapolis mom

The federal agent who shot dead a Minneapolis mother in her car was identified on Thursday as more details emerged about the officer.

The agent was at the center of a significant number of questions surrounding the incident and shooting that left 37-year-old Renee Nicole Good dead after she had dropped off her 6-year-old daughter at school. Critics have called for him to face murder charges, while Vice President JD Vance has insisted he is shielded by "absolute immunity."

Keep reading... Show less

MS NOW host mutes JD Vance mid-speech to fact-check wild ICE shooting claims

MS NOW cut off Vice President JD Vance's aggressive speech, where he blamed the Minnesota mother fatally shot by an ICE agent for her own death, and started fact-checking him on the live broadcast.

Vance had suggested that federal law enforcement agents would have immunity over fatal shootings and attempted to justify the killing of 37-year-old Renee Nicole Good, a mother and poet shot dead in her Honda Pilot just after dropping off her 6-year-old child at school.

Keep reading... Show less

'Be ashamed!' JD Vance shouts down media while excusing 'sensitive' ICE agent shooter

Vice President JD Vance excused an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent who killed a 37-year-old Renee Nicole Good in Minneapolis by noting the officer was "sensitive" because he had been dragged by a car months before.

During a White House briefing on Thursday, Vance pointed to a CNN headline: "Outrage after ICE officer kills U.S. citizen in Minneapolis."

Keep reading... Show less

'This is critical': DOJ memo prohibiting officers from shooting moving vehicles resurfaces

A Department of Justice memo that prohibited officers from shooting a moving vehicle has resurfaced Thursday and raised questions about the federal agent who shot dead 37-year-old Renee Nicole Good driving her car in Minneapolis.

CNN senior communications strategist Xochitl Hinojosa pointed out the memo and noted how it would be an important measure to review amid the investigation into the fatal ICE shooting.

Keep reading... Show less

Reporter breaks down in tears live on air over ICE killing of Minnesota mom

Former Washington Post analyst Philip Bump choked up and became tearful on MS NOW Thursday afternoon during a segment on the shooting of 37-year-old Renee Good, while talking about the images he won’t be able to forget.

Speaking with host Chris Jansing, Bump, now an analyst for MS NOW, was asked about Donald Trump’s border czar Tom Homan at first saying he wanted to see how the investigation played out before commenting.

Keep reading... Show less

Republican piles on Kristi Noem by blocking all DHS nominees amid ICE shooting

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-NC) said he had placed a hold on all Department of Homeland Security nominees after Secretary Kristi Noem repeatedly declined to testify before the Senate.

"I'd simply like the Homeland Security Secretary to respond to what are now two requests by the chairman to come before the committee," Tillis told Semafor correspondent Burgess Everett, "and that's the reason why I placed the blanket hold before the shooting yesterday on anything related to Homeland Security until such time as she does that."

Keep reading... Show less

'Should never be elected!' Trump fumes after five Republicans defect to rein in his powers

President Donald Trump lashed out at five Republican senators who voted to rein in his power to wage military strikes on Venezuela.

"Republicans should be ashamed of the Senators that just voted with Democrats in attempting to take away our Powers to fight and defend the United States of America," Trump ranted after the Senate moved a War Powers resolution forward on Thursday.

Keep reading... Show less

Senate votes to check Trump's military moves in 'stunning rebuke to White House': report

The Senate has voted 52-47 on Thursday to push forward legislation that would force President Donald Trump to have congressional approval before any further military action in Venezuela.

The move was considered a sharp criticism of the Trump administration and the first major action to push back against the Trump administration following the military capture of President Nicolás Maduro, according to Politico. The measure was backed by several Republicans, including Susan Collins (R-MA), Todd Young (R-IN) and Josh Hawley (R-MO).

Keep reading... Show less

'This is not normal': CNN host shocked by Kristi Noem's ICE shooting claims

CNN anchor Dana Bash Thursday was shocked after Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem's continued claims about the fatal ICE killing of 37-year-old mother Renee Nicole Good in Minneapolis.

Noem responded to series of questions from reporters during a press conference in New York City when she doubled down on the allegations that Good had targeted an ICE officer while driving her maroon Honda Pilot — while also saying that there should be a more thorough investigation.

Keep reading... Show less

Kristi Noem grilled over ICE shooting: 'You called her a domestic terrorist!'

Reporters pressed Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem about why she had jumped to the conclusion that Renee Nicole Good was a domestic terrorist after she was shot to death by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement officer.

During a Thursday press conference in New York, a reporter noted that a discreet operation there contrasted with the chaos surrounding the Minneapolis shooting.

Keep reading... Show less

ICE shooting probe being 'led solely by the FBI' as cops banned from talking to witnesses

The U.S. Department of Justice has pushed the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) aside and taken control of the investigation into the killing of Renee Nicole Good, 37, by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent.

In a statement Thursday morning, the Minnesota BCA said that the state agency was no longer being allowed to participate in the investigation.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump admin loses another prosecutor who was disqualified: report

A Donald Trump U.S attorney appointee who led efforts to indict New York Attorney General Letitia James has been stripped of his prosecutorial authority.

On Thursday morning, U.S. District Judge Lorna Schofield removed John Sarcone III from his position as the top federal prosecutor in the Albany region, ruling that his appointment was unlawful, reported Lawfare editor Roger Parloff.

The court order disqualified Sarcone "from any further involvement in prosecuting or supervising any investigation pertaining to New York v. Trump, Index No. 452564/2022 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Cnty.), and New York v. National Rifle Association, Index No. 451625/2020 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Cnty.)."

The judge permitted the government to refile the cases, but only through "a lawfully authorized attorney for the Federal Government, without Mr. Sarcone's involvement."

Judge Schofield had previously indicated her intention to remove Sarcone from his current position and prevent him from serving in similar capacities elsewhere, according to Politico.

Sarcone joins Trump appointees Alina Habba and Lindsay Halligan in being stripped of their official titles.

'By design': Stephen Miller said to be 'sending a message' with Minneapolis ICE eruption

Stephen Miller, White House deputy chief of staff behind the Trump administration's harsh immigration policies, "is the architect of a Murder Machine," according to a former GOP strategist.

The Lincoln Project co-founder Rick Wilson wrote in his Substack Thursday that after months of escalating ICE attacks in American cities, the fatal shooting of 37-year-old mother and poet Renee Nicole Good has revealed the next phase of lies from Miller and Trump's loyalists.

Keep reading... Show less