By Kevin Murphy
KANSAS CITY Mo. (Reuters) – A white supremacist charged in the killings of three people at two Jewish facilities near Kansas City in April was charged on Tuesday with committing five other crimes that day, including three attempted murders.
Frazier Glenn Cross, 73, who also goes by the name Glenn Miller, was charged on Tuesday with the attempted first degree murder of Paul Temme, Mark Brodkey and Jason Coombes during a shooting spree in suburban Kansas City.
Cross was also charged with aggravated assault against a fourth person, Margaret Hunker, allegedly putting her in fear for her life, and discharging a firearm at an occupied building, the Jewish Community Center White Theater.
Cross previously was charged with capital murder in the killings of Reat Underwood, 14, and his grandfather William Corporon, 69, outside the Jewish center, and first-degree premeditated murder in the killing of Terri LaManno, 53, outside the nearby Village Shalom Jewish retirement home.
Cross, held on $10 million bond, was known to law enforcement and human rights groups as a former senior member of the Ku Klux Klan and someone who had repeatedly expressed hatred for Jewish people. None of the people he is charged with killing were Jewish.
A public defender representing Cross could not be reached immediately to comment on the additional charges filed on Tuesday. Cross, who has not entered a plea, is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday for a hearing.
Johnson County District Attorney Stephen Howe has said the capital murder charge gives prosecutors the option of seeking the death penalty. A conviction would automatically carry a sentence of life without parole.
(Reporting by Kevin Murphy in Kansas City; Editing by David Bailey and Ken Wills)
[Image: Frazier Glenn Cross Jr, also known as Glenn Miller, sits in a Johnson County courtroom for a scheduling session in Olathe, Kansas April 24, 2014. REUTERS/John Sleezer/The Kansas City Star/Pool]
WATCH: Trump admits he talked to Ukraine president about Joe Biden and his son
President Donald Trump Sunday morning admitted he brought up Joe Biden and the former Vice President’s son Hunter Biden while speaking with the President of Ukraine.
“The conversation I had was largely congratulatory, with largely corruption, all of the corruption taking place and largely the fact that we don’t want our people like Vice President Biden and his son creating to the corruption,” Trump said, speaking to reporters from the White House lawn.
BREAKING: President Trump admits that he talked to the Ukrainian president about former Vice President Biden. #MTP #IfItsSunday@kristenwelker: "From the president's perspective, the only way to put this story to bed is to release the transcript." pic.twitter.com/aaJ6DjMN0E
‘Left wing hack’: Fox News fans lose it after anchor calls Ukraine allegations ‘a problem’ for Trump
Fox News viewers lashed out at the network on Sunday after host Arthel Neville grilled New York Congressman Peter King (R) about President Donald Trump's alleged effort to get Ukraine to help him defeat Joe Biden.
Neville twice asked King about Trump's Ukraine scandal, and both times he evaded the question by saying that Congress does not have a right to know the details of Trump's conversations with foreign leaders.
On her third attempt, Neville got to the point by noting Trump's alleged actions are "a problem."
"We don’t know that it’s true, we hope it’s not true," the Fox News host said of the allegations against Trump. "But if there is a possibility that our president used his office to put pressure on a foreign government -- president-elect -- to dig into his possible, potential political opponent, then that’s a problem."
New York Times battered on MSNBC for pushing smear of Hunter Biden in order to maintain access to Trump
An "AM Joy" panel jumped all over the New York Times for pushing a widely debunked smear of Hunter Biden promoted by Donald Trump, saying the newspaper is more interested in maintaining their access to the Oval Office than debunking the lie.
Speaking with host Joy Reid -- who noted that her producers asked for comment from the Times but were rebuffed -- MSNBC regular Maria Teresa Kumar scorched the Times, as well as reporter Ken Vogel, for the uncritical parroting of the president's smear.