Hazmat unit dispatched after mishap with a turkey fryer improperly attached to a propane tank
Seven people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Miami on Thanksgiving, after they improperly attached a turkey fryer to a propane tank.
According to CBS12, a call came into 911 after members of a family said they felt suddenly ill. Once the family went outside for air, they felt much better, but were taken to the hospital for treatment.
A spokesman for Miami-Dade County Fire Rescue said that the third, fourth and fifth floors of the apartment complex where the residents lived was evacuated.
Residents were allowed to go back inside once the area was properly ventilated.
You can watch the full report via CBS 12 below: