Two Ohio families have accidentally burned down their homes trying to kill bed bugs in two weeks
Those who have suffered from bed bugs know how difficult it is to get rid of them. Apartment buildings and hotels fight the problem constantly, but one woman accidentally started a fire trying to get rid of hers.
Three people were injured and 10 have been left homeless when the Avondale woman used rubbing alcohol near an open flame to kill bed bugs, according to WXIX-TV.
The problem is so acute that the woman is the second in the last two weeks to start a fire attempting to kill bed bugs. In November, another family was left homeless when a 13-year-old boy set fire to his apartment building after covering his bed with alcohol trying to kill the bugs.
The Red Cross is working to help the family for three teens and seven adults. The damages are estimated to be $250,000.
While alcohol kills bed bugs, it’s a significant fire hazard. The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to call an exterminator or use over-the-counter products and solutions.
Watch the full report below: