Top Stories Daily Listen Now
RawStory

Media

Trump calls himself 'the King' in rambling attack on Fox News coverage

Reacting to a post on his own Truth Social that claimed Fox News is hurting without him, former President Donald Trump went on a three-post diatribe about the conservative network that culminated with him calling himself the "King."

After linking to a post from the Western Journal that claimed, "Fox News Gets Dethroned from Powerful Position Network Has Held Over 2 Years,” the twice-indicted former president lashed out in multiple directions writing, "Also—Do not broadcast negative ads against Republican and Conservative Candidates by Perverts and Misfits like the Failing Lincoln Project, and others. Roger Ailes never allowed that—And neither should a new and less successful Fox. Big turnoff! MSDNC and Fake News CNN will never allow positive Republican ads or hit pieces on Crooked Joe Biden. Fox must get smart fast before it’s too late. Only 'TRUMP' can save Fox News. It is in freefall!"

Keep reading... Show less

Kevin McCarthy smacked down by hometown paper columnist for ugly attack on journalists

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) was on the receiving end of a public thrashing by the opinion page editor of his hometown newspaper after he told reporters in Washington D.C. that the media is full of America haters.

In a column in the Fresno Bee, opinion editor Tad Weber sarcastically wrote that he appreciated the condescending McCarthy saying he prayed for the press -- but he has a few questions of his own for the embattled Republican leader.

Keep reading... Show less

‘Wheel of Fortune’ host Pat Sajak won’t be missed: columnist

Pat Sajak’s retirement announcement couldn’t have come soon enough for a columnist who skewers the “Wheel of Fortune” host in a new piece.

Sajak on Monday announced he was stepping down as the host of “Wheel” after the conclusion of its 41st season, which begins in September. Sajak announced his retirement on Twitter.

Keep reading... Show less

Fox News nearing settlement with ex-producer who alleged she was pressured to mislead attorneys: report

Fox News is in the end stages of settling a lawsuit brought by a former Tucker Carlson producer who made a litany of legal and sexual misconduct allegations against the company, CNN reported on Thursday.

"Abby Grossberg, the former network producer who filed an explosive complaint against the company earlier this year, is in the final stages of ironing out a settlement with the company, people familiar with the matter told CNN," reported Oliver Darcy. "The settlement will mark the fourth case in a string of lawsuits that the billionaire owners of Fox News, Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch, have moved to put an end to in recent months. The Murdochs, facing scrutiny on a number of fronts, have sought to disentangle themselves from a web of legal threats."

Keep reading... Show less

'He made a terrible mistake': Former Trump attorney says 'difficult client' undermined own defense

Joseph diGenova, a former attorney for Donald Trump, said the former president undermined his defense in a government documents case because he listened to right-wing activists instead of his legal team.

The Washington Post first reported that Trump's legal team had complained because their client took the advice of Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton, who said the former president should not cooperate with the Department of Justice.

Keep reading... Show less

Mike Lindell reveals he was nearly 'arrested' for live streaming in a federal courthouse

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell was reportedly reprimanded on Wednesday after he broke federal rules by broadcasting live from inside a federal courthouse.

During a Thursday podcast, host Steve Bannon noted that Lindell had nearly been arrested the day before.

Keep reading... Show less

Ex-Fox News exec says the FCC should consider revoking Rupert Murdoch’s licenses

A former Fox executive on Wednesday suggested that the FCC should consider revoking Fox News’ broadcast licenses.

Preston Padden, who served as a Fox executive from 1990 to 1997, writes for The Beast that the right-wing network may be a revocation candidate, citing a section of the Communications Act that requires the FCC to assess the “character qualifications” of those broadcasting on public airwaves.

Keep reading... Show less

Man who shot up a town hoping to kill all LGBTQ+ residents gets 18 years in prison

A man who fired shots into a lesbian woman's house while she was inside and then targeted other LGBTQ+ residents in the community was sentenced to 18 years in prison, prosecutors announced.

John Russell Howald, from Basin, Montana, was convicted of hate and firearms crimes in April after a four-day trial. He fired an AK-style assault rifle at the residence and then started shooting at others in the neighborhood with the goal of killing all LGBTQ+ people in the town.

Keep reading... Show less

Don Trump Jr.: America would be ‘doing an invasion’ if dad’s indictment was in another country

Donald Trump Jr. argued that the United States would invade another country if it had indicted a former leader the way his father was charged this week.

While speaking to War Room host Steve Bannon on Wednesday, Trump blamed his father's legal troubles on politics.

Keep reading... Show less

Matt Gaetz admits FBI 'whistleblower' can only produce 'allegation' against Biden

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) admitted on Tuesday that he only has an "allegation" against President Joe Biden despite suggestions by Republicans who say the former vice president likely received bribes from foreign governments.

During an interview with conservative podcast host Steve Bannon, Gaetz revealed that he had personally debriefed an alleged FBI whistleblower with apparent dirt on Biden's family.

Keep reading... Show less

'Look in the mirror, you hypocrite': Ana Navarro rips Ron DeSantis for 'weaponizing' government

The View co-host Ana Navarro blasted Republican presidential candidate Ron DeSantis after he accused Democrats of "weaponizing government."

During a Monday panel discussion about the most recent indictment of former President Donald Trump, Navarro noted that DeSantis had criticized the move.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump arraignment may be delayed because he doesn't have a Florida lawyer: MSNBC

Former President Donald Trump can't force a delay of his arrest on federal charges just because he doesn't have a Florida lawyer – but his arraignment may be pushed back.

While waiting for Trump to leave his New Jersey golf club on Monday, MSNBC host José Díaz-Balart noted that portions of Trump's Tuesday arraignment might be delayed.

Keep reading... Show less

'Those tapes are my tapes!' Trump enraged by Jack Smith's evidence against him

Former President Donald Trump on Sunday confirmed the existence of audio recordings that could be used as evidence against him in a case about the mishandling of classified documents.

During an interview on Sunday with host Roger Stone, Trump responded to reports indicating he admitted he did not declassify some documents before leaving office with them. Those recordings are reportedly in the hands of special counsel Jack Smith.

Keep reading... Show less