Top Stories Daily Listen Now
RawStory

Trump News

Republicans desperate for White House UFC tickets as Trump curates crowd for $1M pledges

Republicans were reportedly clamoring for tickets to President Donald Trump's Ultimate Fighting Championship Fight Night on the White House's South Lawn — but tickets are limited, according to reports on Monday.

Trump's event coincides with his 80th birthday on June 14 and is part of a series of celebrations around America's 250th anniversary, NBC News reported. The president was apparently "handpicking most of the 4,000-plus spectators lucky enough, cunning enough or rich enough to score a seat on the South Lawn."

Keep reading... Show less

Hilarity meets White House's desperate effort to spin Trump's nap as 'blinking'

President Donald Trump was apparently caught napping during an Oval Office event on maternal health on Monday, the latest of many such incidents — but the White House tried to save face for him by denying it had happened at all.

"He was blinking, you absolute moron," the White House rapid response X account said in reply to Reuters national security correspondent Idrees Ali, who had flagged an image of Trump, eyes closed.

Keep reading... Show less

America First's Marjorie Taylor Greene starting 'next chapter' in Costa Rica

Former America First Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) revealed that she was starting her "next chapter" in what was reported to be Costa Rica.

Soon after her fiancé, Brian Glenn, resigned as a White House correspondent, Greene shared a photo from a tropical location.

Keep reading... Show less

'Violation': Russian-paid MAGA host melts down — over influencers getting foreign cash

A MAGA host who was secretly funded by Russia recently argued that influencers should not be able to receive foreign money without registering as a lobbyist.

During an interview on Monday, Rep. Randy Fine (R-FL) told host Benny Johnson about his legislation that would ban dual citizens from serving in Congress.

Keep reading... Show less

'You absolute moron!' White House fury as Reuters photographer snaps Oval Office pic

The White House social media team lashed out at a Reuters correspondent who shared a photo of President Donald Trump with his eyes closed.

Following a White House event on Monday, Reuters correspondent Idrees Ali posted a photo in which the president appeared to be resting his eyes.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump frantically backtracks on core policy as beef prices skyrocket to record highs

President Donald Trump's administration will reportedly suspend some tariffs on beef amid record-high prices.

On Monday, The Wall Street Journal reported that the highest tariff "on all beef-exporting nations" would be temporarily dismantled.

Keep reading... Show less

Epstein pal who 'had a great time with the girls' welcomed as VIP at Trump event

A friend of Jeffrey Epstein was a VIP guest at the unveiling of a towering golden statue of President Donald Trump at his golf course in Doral, Florida.

Photos shared on social media over the weekend showed American cryptocurrency entrepreneur, Brock Pierce, cutting the ribbon at the statue's unveiling.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump misses 'one thing that could save the GOP' as he scrambles to impress base: analyst

President Donald Trump may be hobbling his own party's chances of maintaining congressional majorities by ignoring a crucial issue for voters.

The 79-year-old president demonstrated his political strength last week in Indiana’s closely watched Republican primary, where seven challengers he endorsed defeated incumbent state senators who resisted his gerrymandering demands,. But MS NOW's Zeeshan Aleem argued that only shows his continued hold on the MAGA base.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump convenes war cabinet as insiders drop ominous hint about what comes next

President Donald Trump is meeting Monday with his top national security officials for a closed-door discussion on potential next steps in the U.S. war against Iran, three U.S. officials revealed that same afternoon, with two officials divulging details on what option Trump was “leaning toward.”

The United States and Iran have been in a ceasefire since early April, albeit one the president called "unbelievably weak” on Monday as the two nations continue to exchange attacks on one another. Last week, the Trump administration sent Tehran a draft proposal for ending the conflict – a proposal that wasn’t responded to until Sunday, where it was immediately rejected by Trump, who admittedly hadn’t read it in full.

Keep reading... Show less

Senate Republican accused of trying to 'cover his tracks' as he falls behind in polls

Republican Sen. Dan Sullivan of Alaska is frantically attempting to undo damage from his party-line votes gutting provisions of the Affordable Care Act — voting twice with Senate Democrats on health provisions in what political analysts characterize as too little, too late damage control as he falls behind in his re-election bid.

According to reporting from The Hill, Sullivan voted for an amendment sponsored by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), opposing any funding bill that failed to lower out-of-pocket healthcare costs. He also voted for another amendment sponsored by Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-GA) addressing insurers delaying or denying care.

However, Alaska political analyst John-Henry Heckendorn suggested the strategic pivot is unlikely to repair the political damage from Sullivan's consistent party-line voting on healthcare issues.

"Given how many times he has voted for legislation or amendments that would either reduce healthcare subsidies for Alaskans or otherwise increase healthcare costs, the damage has largely been done," Heckendorn told The Hill's Joseph Choi.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump admin unable to explain 'serious injury' threat as reflecting pool costs explode

The cost to renovate the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool has skyrocketed to $13.1 million, ballooning more than sevenfold from Donald Trump's initial $1.8 million estimate — with little public explanation for why the price tag exploded for a no-bid contract awarded to a Trump administration-handpicked contractor.

According to reporting from The New York Times, Virginia-based Atlantic Industrial Coatings received the lucrative no-bid contract for the project. The Trump administration bypassed the requirement to seek competing bids by claiming the situation was so urgent that any delay would cause "serious injury" to the government — though the administration has continued to refuse to explain what that injury would entail.

Instead, the administration cited Trump's desire to complete the work before the nation's 250th birthday on July 4.

Public contracting records, examined by the Times' David A. Fahrenthold and Luke Broadwater, do not explain why the cost increased so dramatically. Katie Martin, a spokeswoman for the Interior Department, claimed the higher price "reflects the effort necessary to expedite the timeline of completing the leak prevention coating project — more people, more materials, more equipment and longer hours ahead of our 250th."

However, government documents obtained by The New York Times reveal that the contract's current $13.1 million value matches, down to the dollar, an offer submitted by Atlantic Industrial Coatings in mid-May. That offer included a 20 percent profit margin for the contractor.

On Monday, the Cultural Landscape Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to landscape architecture, filed a lawsuit in U.S. District Court seeking to halt the paint job. The foundation argues that the Trump administration ignored a federal law requiring advance scrutiny of projects that alter historic landmarks.

The ballooning contract cost and lack of competitive bidding raise questions about whether taxpayer money is being steered to politically connected contractors under the guise of emergency expedited timelines, the Times is reporting.

RFK Jr. gushes praise on Trump for working to increase young men's 'sperm count'

Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. expressed gratitude for President Donald Trump's alleged efforts to increase the sperm count of young men.

During an event on Monday to introduce the moms.gov maternal health website, Kennedy pointed to a "fertility crisis in this country right now."

Keep reading... Show less

Trump makes stunning admission on key proposal he rejected

The Trump administration sent Tehran its proposal last week to end the U.S. war against Iran, and days later on Sunday, finally received a response – one that President Donald Trump rejected out of hand, and on Monday, made the startling admission that he hadn’t read it in its entirety.

Taking questions from reporters in the Oval Office Monday, Trump was asked about the state of the ongoing ceasefire between the United States and Iran, one that began in early April but has seen continued hostilities between the two nations.

Keep reading... Show less