RawStory
RawStory

Trump News

Former White House insider predicts Trump's next Iran move: 'Less bad outcome'

President Donald Trump has signaled he is likely to retreat from the ongoing Iran war, a former White House insider said on Tuesday.

Bill Kristol, conservative analyst and editor-at-large for The Bulwark, shared what he thinks Trump and his administration will do next as the war now reaches the fifth week.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump's latest rant spells 'beginning of the end of the US': conservative commentator

A prominent conservative journalist and commentator was taken aback by President Donald Trump’s latest rant Tuesday morning, going as far as to say that the president’s remarks marked “the beginning of the end of the U.S. empire.”

Earlier on Tuesday, Trump erupted at the United Kingdom over its refusal to join the United States in its war against Iran. Writing on social media, Trump told the United Kingdom to “build up some delayed courage” and “take” control of the Strait of Hormuz, a critical shipping route where Iran has restricted access to U.S.-aligned vessels, and that the United States has been unable to re-open by itself.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump seen as 'thrashing around for ideas' to escape Iran quagmire during latest interview

According to Financial Times columnist Ed Luce, Donald Trump spent an inordinate amount of time during their Monday interview grasping for clues on how to bring his war on Iran to a close.

Calling into MS NOW’s “Morning Joe,” Luce elaborated on more details from his chat with the embattled president who reportedly jumped from topic to topic.

Keep reading... Show less

Karoline Leavitt melts down over double chin turkey photo

White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt was the latest person in the Trump administration to demand photographers remove a photo she deemed unflattering, according to reports on Tuesday.

Leavitt was apparently unhappy with an image of herself, a turkey and her son around Thanksgiving and disliked it so much that she reached out to the agency that captured it, The New Republic reported. Since then, the image has been removed from Agence France-Presse's collection and also scrubbed from Getty's archive.

Keep reading... Show less

'Cashing in on religion': JD Vance faces backlash after hyping his new Christian book

Vice President JD Vance faced backlash online after encouraging people to pre-order his new Christian book.

"I've been writing this book for a long time, and I'm honored to finally be able to share the full story with you all," Vance explained in a social media post on Tuesday. "Communion is about my personal journey and how I found my way back to faith."

Keep reading... Show less

Pete Hegseth pressed to reassure 'Americans who love their president' as war drags on

After giving a rah-rah speech about the US war on Iran, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth was put on the spot by a reporter from the Daily Caller to reassure his MAGA base with rumors of a possible land invasion hanging in the air.

Toward the end of his Pentagon press conference, Hegseth was asked by conservative journalist Reagan Reese about the chokehold on oil at the Strait of Hormuz before being pressed with, “Without asking you to comment on things that you can't talk about, what is your message to Americans who love the president and strongly believe in him, but are very worried about this notion of boots on the ground?”

Keep reading... Show less

Clarence Thomas' 'guts' questioned as controversial Trump ruling looms

With the Supreme Court set to hear arguments on Wednesday about President Donald Trump's executive order seeking to end birthright citizenship guaranteed under the 14th Amendment's citizenship clause, “Morning Joe” co-host Joe Scarborough challenged far-right Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to stand up for constitutional precedent.

Speaking with California Attorney General Rob Bonta, who is challenging Trump administration efforts to strip citizenship from those born in the US, Scarborough noted that there should be no question about the clear language in the amendment which has been debated previously.

Keep reading... Show less

'He's panicking': Trump ripped for asking allies to clean up 'mess' from his 'stupid war'

President Donald Trump challenged U.S. allies who opted out of his war on Iran to "go get your own oil" as the global economy braces for fuel shortages.

Fuel costs have soared since Iran shut down the Strait of Hormuz in response to the joint U.S.-Israeli military option, but Wall Street Journal reported that Trump has suggested that reopening the crucial waterway was not necessarily a condition for winding down Operation Epic Fury, and Tuesday morning he urged allies to take responsibility for ending the blockade.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump vows to hold grudge against ally over perceived snub: 'The US will remember!'

President Donald Trump erupted at France on Tuesday morning over what he perceived to be a major snub, and vowed that the United States would “remember” its actions going forward.

Trump claimed that France refused to allow U.S. military cargo planes en route to Israel to use French airspace, a claim that as of Tuesday morning has yet to be reported on by major news outlets. Nevertheless, Trump condemned France for their purported actions, and attacked the European nation for its refusal to join the United States in its war against Iran.

Keep reading... Show less

'That is such garbage': Marco Rubio pummeled on MS NOW for NATO threat

Comments made by Secretary of State Marco Rubio about the future relationship between the US and NATO that hint at a break with the peace-keeping coalition received a thorough –– and critical –– examination on MS NOW early Tuesday morning.

In an interview with Hashem Ahelbarra of Al Jazeera, the Donald Trump appointee criticized the NATO alliance for not backing the US war on Iran, and then stated, “I think it was very disappointing. You have this – and again, look, the President and our country will have to reexamine all of this after this operation is over. But one of the reasons why NATO is beneficial to the United States is it gives us basing rights for contingencies. It allows us to station troops and aircraft and weapons in parts of the world that we wouldn’t normally have bases, and that includes in much of Europe.”

Keep reading... Show less

'Go get your own oil!' Trump tells UK the US won't 'help you anymore' in furious rant

President Donald Trump erupted at the United Kingdom Tuesday morning over its refusal to join the United States in its war against Iran, issuing the European nation a notice that the United States would no longer be offering it “help.”

“All of those countries that can’t get jet fuel because of the Strait of Hormuz, like the United Kingdom, which refused to get involved in the decapitation of Iran, I have a suggestion for you: Number 1, buy from the U.S., we have plenty, and Number 2, build up some delayed courage, go to the Strait, and just TAKE IT,” Trump wrote on his social media platform Truth Social.

Keep reading... Show less

Morning Joe blows a gasket over Jan 6 insurrectionists' lawsuit: 'Those rioters?'

Reacting to a Politico report that group of Jan. 6 insurrectionists have filed a lawsuit in Florida against the Capitol police officers they assaulted in Donald Trump’s name, “Morning Joe” co-host Joe Scarborough went on a furious rant on Tuesday morning that concluded with a long, drawn-out obscenity.

After co-host Mika Brzezinski noted the lawsuit seeks to “represent a class of plaintiffs that includes dozens of others present that day” who stormed the hall of Congress, the outraged Scarborough exploded.

Keep reading... Show less

Trump official admits DHS shutdown could linger into summer: 'Morale is low'

The partial break in the Department of Homeland Security shutdown has paradoxically worsened Trump's negotiating position. By paying airport screeners, the administration eliminated the crisis that was supposed to force Democrats to capitulate — and now neither party sees reason to move.

According to Politico, both Democrats and Republicans have dug in with such conviction that neither side believes they have to concede anything. The result: a shutdown that's now expected to drag deep into summer with no resolution in sight.

The House and Senate have adjourned for two weeks. Despite urgent White House calls for early return, neither chamber is seriously considering it. Instead, House and Senate Republicans are locked in a public blame game while Democrats stand firm against funding immigration enforcement agencies without GOP-backed safeguards.

"The House has their process, we have ours and this happens periodically," Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) told reporters Monday — a bland acknowledgment that the party is fractured.

An administration official described the grim reality inside the White House: "People are thinking this will go into the summer."

"Morale is low. The TSA getting paid while the rest of us suffer[sic] is not playing well inside the building," the official added.

Bipartisan negotiations on immigration enforcement changes have produced almost nothing. Trump is making little effort to unite Republicans behind a unified position, let alone push them toward a Democratic compromise.

The fatal mistake was paying the TSA. A DHS official explained that Trump's executive action funding airport screeners, combined with the Senate's passage of a GOP plan to fund most of the department, stripped Republicans of their primary leverage: airport chaos.

"Remember in the last shutdown, it was airport chaos that forced the seven Democrats to switch sides and fund the government," the official said.

That pressure is now gone. While approximately 50,000 airport security officers are now receiving paychecks, thousands of other critical workers remain furloughed or unpaid. This includes more than 2,000 cybersecurity agency employees, more than 4,000 FEMA workers, and more than 1,000 Coast Guard civilians.

Some Republicans are embracing the stalemate as permanent. "We're not going through this again with the Dems," Hoeven told reporters Monday. "We're taking this off the table."

Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) argued Republicans should accept a hard truth: Democrats will never fund immigration enforcement agencies without conditions. The agencies became politically radioactive after federal agents killed two people in Minneapolis in January.

Don't Sit on the Sidelines of History. Join Raw Story Investigates and Go Ad-Free. Support Honest Journalism.