Stumbleupon is sometimes a blessing, sometimes a curse:
THE READER'S LIST [of the top 100 novels of all time]
1. ATLAS SHRUGGED by Ayn Rand
2. THE FOUNTAINHEAD by Ayn Rand
3. BATTLEFIELD EARTH by L. Ron Hubbard
4. THE LORD OF THE RINGS by J.R.R. Tolkien
5. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD by Harper Lee
6. 1984 by George Orwell
7. ANTHEM by Ayn Rand
8. WE THE LIVING by Ayn Rand
9. MISSION EARTH by L. Ron Hubbard
10. FEAR by L. Ron Hubbard
That's right: According to the readers of The Modern Library, seven of the top ten novels of all time were written by either Ayn Rand or L. Ron Hubbard. I don't care that it's not scientific. I don't even care that it's probably freeped.
Someone thinks that's the proper top ten, and that's just fucking sad.