Sorry for no posting last night. Running around like mad, trying to get shit done before we head out to El Paso. In fact, we're on our way now. There won't be a CSA post tomorrow, and posting may be light until Tuesday. The town of my birth is one that often pops up in rockabilly and in country western songs, often to represent the Wild West, the crazy middle of nowhere, or the border. Think Marty Robbins' "El Paso". With that in mind, this song is one of my favorite that name drops El Paso. Aerosmith's cover ruined it, but just ignore that.
Original song: "The Train Kept A-Rolling'" by the Johnny Burnette Trio
And here's the list! Leave yours in comments, or comments about whatever you like.
1) "My Boy Elvis" by Janis Martin
2) "Rockin' Bones" by Ronnie Dawson
3) "Red Hot" by Billy Riley & His Little Green Men
4) "Crazy Legs" by Gene Vincent
5) "Let's Have A Party" by Wanda Jackson
6) "Somethin' Else" by Eddie Cochran
7) "Brown-Eyed Handsome Man" by Buddy Holly (cover of a Chuck Berry song)
8) "Bad Reputation" by The Reverend Horton Heat
9) "That'll Be The Day" by Buddy Hollly & The Crickets
10) "Justine" by The Righteous Brothers
Videos & cat pictures below the fold.
We heard at least two bands cover this song at SXSW. True story.
Some days, Dusty just wants to cuddle with Marc.
Molly is a little more likely to hang out with me.