Former head of the South Carolina Republican Party, Tea Party activist Todd Kincannon has unleashed a vile parade of hateful, sexist insults aimed at Texas Democratic state Sen. Wendy Davis. According to Americans Against the Tea Party, the attacks began earlier this week and have only gotten uglier.
Kincannon has enlarged upon early Republican attacks on Davis, insinuating that because she supports a woman’s right to choose, she must be a promiscuous, man-eating tramp. Calling her a “coke whore” and insinuating that she cheated on her then-husband, Kincannon wrote, at one point, “I don’t care if folks attack Wendy Davis unfairly. I just want her attacked.”
He has tweeted, variously:
– I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone who was as much of a whore as Wendy Davis. And I’ve met some epic whores in my travels.
– I suspect Texas voters care that Wendy Davis was potentially going to Harvard coke parties instead of caring for her children.
– Make Wendy Davis worry that somebody will dig up a Harvard classmate that she did coke with. Torture her until she begs for it to stop.
– Wendy Davis has an abortion fetish and did in fact abandon her children.
– Make Wendy Davis wish she’d never been born. #InsertAbortionJokeHere
The fusillade of misogynist filth has gone on for days, now, with Kincannon furiously unloading on people defending Davis as well as fellow conservatives begging him not to further damage the party’s image.
“Lick my taint,” he angrily told one female critic.
Davis is a rising star in Texas politics. She stood firm in the face of Republicans’ attempts to curtail women’s right to choose in the state, filibustering a draconian Republican law in a show of resistance that brought thousands of supporters to the Austin statehouse. She announced in 2013 that she intends to run for governor.