Raw Story is seeking two investigative reporters with the skills and drive to hold powerful politicians accountable, and discover treasure in documents and data and uncover wrongdoing and betrayals of the public’s trust.
The ideal candidates will have an impressive track record of generating exclusives and scoops, the demonstrated ability to write with force and clarity and an insatiable hunger for producing stories that readers won’t find anywhere else. Bonus if you take a happy warrior approach to journalism — we value having fun and supporting each other while kicking the asses of those who deserve it.
- Ability to find new stories and different angles about people and issues — particularly in politics and government — that other news organizations have not surfaced
- A deep interest in and aptitude for finding stories using data and documents using open record laws and trusted contacts
- A deep roster of reliable sources in politics, government, business, unions and/or activist organizations
- Strong news judgment and a commitment to fairness
- Ability to handle two or more original stories of varying lengths and duration at the same time
- Familiarity with social media and story promotion, including appearing on television, radio and podcasts to represent your work
- Ability to work independently from a home office or remote location
In addition to a competitive salary, the job includes flexible hours, parental leave, health insurance with a minimal employee contribution and a 401k plan with a 3% match plus a 3% employer contribution.
Raw Story is committed to equity and diversity. All experienced and qualified applicants based in any U.S. location are encouraged to apply.
Please email a resume, cover letter and links to at least three examples of published articles to email@example.com. Include "INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER" in the subject line.