Senator John Cornyn distanced himself from Limbaugh and Gingrich on the ridiculous issue of whether or not Sonia Sotomayor is a “racist”, which is apparently the new wingnut term for “anyone who doesn’t believe that white men are superior to everyone else”. So now it’s just a matter of time before he apologizes, I suppose. I’m beginning to wonder if the whole push against Limbaugh/apologize to Limbaugh thing is a strategy to appear to both be a moderate and pander to the wingnut base. If so, it’s an epic fail, since it just makes Republican politicians look shady. Or shadier than they already do, and weak to boot.
Anyway, in honor of this incident, the song for the Genius list today is keeping with the theme. Leave your list in comments.
Original song: “I’m Sorry I Love You” by the Magnetic Fields
1) “Game of Pricks”—Guided by Voices
2) “Let’s Save Tony Orlando’s House”—Yo La Tengo
3) “Tubgboat”—Galaxie 500
4) “History Lesson Part II”—The Minutemen
5) “Words You Used To Say”—Dean & Britta
6) “The Charging Sky”—Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
7) “Dress Up In You”—Belle & Sebastian
8) “NYC’s Like a Graveyard”—The Moldy Peaches
9) “She Cracked”—The Modern Lovers
10) “Son Of A Gun”—The Vaselines
Videos and pictures of Dusty being weird under the fold. The Vaselines:
Yo La Tengo:
The Modern Lovers:
Yesterday, goofing around with Dusty led to this situation where she went under the covers, ran to the end of the bed, slid down the mattress to where the sheet was tucked into the bed, and this was the comical result:
I simply cannot convey how delightful this cat finds getting into these weird positions.