One of two Travolta accusers withdraws lawsuit
LOS ANGELES — A male masseur who accused John Travolta of sexual battery has withdrawn a lawsuit, his lawyer said Tuesday, as the star’s attorney vowed a similar second legal action would also fail.
The first alleged victim, identified only as John Doe, filed his lawsuit last week, seeking $2 million and alleging that Travolta grabbed his penis after receiving a massage at a Beverly Hills hotel in January.
Travolta’s heavyweight lawyer Martin Singer dismissed the claim as “a complete fiction and fabrication,” saying the Hollywood A-list actor was on the East Coast on the day in question, January 16.
A few days later the same lawyer, Okorie Okorocha, filed another lawsuit including a second alleged victim, identified only as John Doe #2, this time for an alleged assault in Atlanta, Georgia on January 28.
On Tuesday Okorocha said he had withdrawn the first lawsuit. “Let’s just say we had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways,” he told celebrity bible People magazine.
The notice of dismissal was filed Tuesday in US District Court in Los Angeles, People reported.
Travolta’s lawyer welcomed the news, telling the TMZ celebrity news website: “My client is completely vindicated by Doe #1 dropping his claims and dismissing his lawsuit.
And he said: “We fully expect that my client will similarly be vindicated with respect to Doe #2, as well as with respect to any other person who makes meritless claims against John Travolta.”