Quantcast
Connect with us

Las Vegas vows to shun ‘exploiters of Prince Harry’

Published

on

What happens in Vegas famously should stay in Vegas — and Sin City lashed out Friday at those who it says betrayed both Prince Harry and this law of omerta by leaking pictures of him partying nude.

The Nevada gambling city ran a full-page ad in the USA Today newspaper with the headline “For Shame!” aimed at whoever took pictures of the fun-loving British royal in a Las Vegas hotel suite last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

“TO THOSE WHO TRADED IN THEIR PLEDGE TO THEIR LAS VEGAS BRETHREN, WE DEPLORE YOU,” it said. “We are calling on you, the defenders of what happens in Vegas staying in its rightful place — in Vegas.

“We are asking for a shun on these exploiters of Prince Harry. We shall boycott partying of any kind with them. No bottle service. No bikini clad girls,” the city warned.

“No Bucatini from Batali,” it added, referring to celebrity chef Mario Batali and one of his signature dishes.

“In other words, we will not play with them anymore,” added the ad by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, which underlined the importance of the “What Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas” code and asked: “Who’s with us?”

The grainy pictures of Harry, the third in line to the British throne, first emerged on celebrity news website TMZ, but were then published around the world — although not initially by British media.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rupert Murdoch’s tabloid The Sun broke ranks with its counterparts Friday, publishing the pictures and saying it was “ludicrous” that British newspapers were not allowed to print photos already been seen by hundreds of millions.

Harry, 27, can be seen in one of the pictures cupping his genitals while standing in front of what appears to be a naked woman. In the other he is bear-hugging a woman from behind.

The pictures were taken after Harry, who already knew Vegas after he spent three nights partying ther last November in a break from a military training assignment in Arizona, had initiated a game of strip pool in his suite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Cathy Tull, the Vegas visitor authority’s senior vice president of marketing, said: “Las Vegas is a place to celebrate adult freedom, freedom that even celebrities and royals can enjoy.

“For everyone’s sake, it’s important that ‘What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas.’ However, in moments of enthusiasm, actually keeping memories in Las Vegas takes commitment.

ADVERTISEMENT

She said the newspaper ad “was a cheeky reminder to all our visitors that it’s important to ‘know the code’, and most importantly, ‘protect the code’.”

Photo of Prince Harry with his clothes on extracted by Eduardo Mendes (Photo: Billpolo) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Watch Trump’s ’jaw-dropping’ interview with Axios on HBO

Published

on

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump ridiculed for his late-night ‘OPEN THE SCHOOLS’ rant: ‘Eat your Big Mac and shut up’

Published

on

President Donald Trump demanded local school boards reopen schools during a late night tweet sent after 11 p.m. on Monday.

"OPEN THE SCHOOLS!!!" Trump demanded, in all capital letters with three exclamation marks.

The president was harshly criticized for his tweet, here's some of what people were saying:

Dear Stupid,

You can't even get your own son's school to open.

They have refused.

The school where your son Barron is being educated refuses to open because it's not safe.

Now sit there, eat your Big Mac, and shut up.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Florida Democrats ask their own candidate to withdraw his candidacy after cocaine arrest: report

Published

on

Democrats in Florida are asking their own candidate to end his campaign for county commission after an arrest for DUI and cocaine.

"A Collier County commission candidate's arrest in East Naples this past weekend has prompted calls from his party to drop out of the race," the Naples Daily News reported Monday. "John Jenkins, 55, was booked into the Naples Jail Center Sunday morning and faces a felony charge of possession of cocaine, according to a Collier County Sheriff's Office arrest report. He was released later that day on $5,000 bond."

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image