Quantcast
Connect with us

Nugent invited to State of the Union after column about ‘ebonic mumbo-jumbo’

Published

on

The conservative rocker who said that he would be “dead or in jail” if President Barack Obama was re-elected has been invited to attend Tuesday’s annual State of the Union address.

In a statement provided to Politico on Monday, freshman Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) said that Ted Nugent would be attending Obama’s speech to Congress as his guest.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I am excited to have a patriot like Ted Nugent joining me in the House Chamber to hear from President Obama,” Stockman said. “After the Address I’m sure Ted will have plenty to say.”

Earlier this year, Stockman threatened to initiate impeachment proceedings if the president used executive actions to limit gun rights.

“I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment,” he said in a statement

While Nugent doesn’t have the power to impeach the commander in chief, he has suggested that his “buddies” would be willing to start a new American Revolution if the Obama administration attempted to “re-implement the tyranny of King George” with gun control.

Last year, he told National Rifle Association members that “I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year” if the president was re-elected. He has also called Obama a “piece of shit” who should “suck on my machine gun.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The Secret Service eventually interviewed The Motor City Madman and determined he wasn’t a threat to the president.

While recalling his meeting with the Secret Service to CBS News, Nugent seemed to lose control of his temper and told reporter Jeff Glor that he would “suck your fucking dick” and then “fuck” a female producer.

Most recently, Nugent wrote that civil rights leaders and other “liberals are two-faced hypocrites” for giving the president a pass on a program that allows the United States government to target American citizens overseas with drones strikes.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Jesse Jackson and Al Not-So-Sharpton would be lisping their ebonic mumbo-jumbo that the policy and the president are racist and bigoted,” he opined in a World Net Daily column. “They would organize protest marches in front of the White House, where they would burn effigies of the president.”

Nugent has until April to make good on his promise to be “dead on in jail by this time next year.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Update (3:44 p.m. ET): Nugent told The New York Times that he would “demilitarize” himself by refraining from bringing a firearm to the president’s speech, according to Times reporter Jeremy W. Peters.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

DC police demand people standing in line to vote go home — even though they’re exempt from curfew: report

Published

on

Although Washington, D.C. is under curfew due to the George Floyd protests, the DC Board of Elections and Mayor Muriel Bowser have made clear that anyone waiting to vote in the district's primary elections are exempt from the curfew.

But according to the reports of at least one voter, some police in the district are still telling people waiting in line to vote to disperse and return to their homes.

THIS MOMENT IN WASHINGTON, DC:• A citywide curfew in effect• It's election day• Voters are exempt from the curfew• This line to vote is stretches all 4 sides of the block• Peaceful protests underway only blocks away@NBCLX @nbcwashington pic.twitter.com/5uru5Yow1E

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Armed security forces in DC are refusing to identify their agencies — sparking condemnation

Published

on

On Tuesday, Mother Jones national security reporter Dan Friedman posted an image of heavily-armed federal officials overseeing protests in D.C. — and noted that they refused to identify their agency when asked.

Asked who they’re with, these guys say only that they’re with “The Department of Justice.” pic.twitter.com/ciVDtP8ndk

— Dan Friedman (@dfriedman33) June 2, 2020

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Internet scorns Trump for saying D.C. was the ‘safest place on earth last night’: ‘Bunker Boy says what?’

Published

on

On Tuesday, President Donald Trump took to Twitter to proudly proclaim he had succeeded in restoring order to Washington, D.C. last night.

Washington, D.C., was the safest place on earth last night!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 2, 2020

Commenters on social media did not see it the same way.

Did your hear that George W. Bush’s former alum have launched a Super PAC to elect Joe Biden?

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image