Authorities in New Hampshire were investigating on Sunday after a man reportedly gunned down an 8-year-old boy in a Manchester YWCA before turning the gun on himself.
According to WMUR, the Manchester Police Department and emergency crews responded at around 10:30 a.m. on Sunday morning to reports that shots had been fired inside the YWCA located in downtown Manchester.
Video captured by the station showed officers and SWAT team members entering the building with their guns drawn.
Police Chief David Mara told WMUR that bodies of two people were found in an office area of the building.
The YWCA is open on Sundays for supervised child visitation. Mara declined to say if the child was related to the shooter.
“I can tell you that there is no public safety threat at this time,” the police chief said.
Watch this video from WMUR, broadcast Aug. 11, 2013.