Alec Baldwin will no longer be hosting his own show at MSNBC after accusations that he hurled antigay slurs at a paparazzo outside his New York City Home.
According to PageSix.com, sources at the network say that Baldwin's show has been canceled, in spite of the fact that Baldwin issued a denial, claiming to have never said the words in question.
“The decision has been made. He’s gone,” an network official told Page Six columnist Richard Johnson. “The [parent company] Comcast guys have decided. Word is spreading through the building.”
Baldwin's weekly Friday night show has drawn dismal ratings since it began in October. Last week's program, which featured actress Debra Winger, pulled in fewer than 400,000 viewers.
Earlier this month, Baldwin lost his temper at a photographer who he felt was harassing his wife Hilaria and their newborn child. As the man ran away, Baldwin allegedly called him a "c*cks*cking f*g," verbiage that Baldwin denies.
The actor claims he said the word "fathead" and that he is supportive of the LGBT community. Reception among LGBT activists has been mixed.
Some, like Seattle Stranger editor and sex columnist Dan Savage said on Friday on "Real Time with Bill Maher" that, while he does not like Baldwin's choice of words, he is willing to look at the "30 Rock" actor's infractions through the lens of his overall good work for the LGBT community.
CNN's Anderson Cooper, however, is less than impressed.
"If Alec Baldwin had yelled the n-word to that photographer, or yelled some anti-Jewish slur, it would be over!" Cooper said on his show last week.
[image of Alec Baldwin Featureflash / Shutterstock.com]