‘We’ve talked to each other, and emailed each other, and if he’s in, it’s going to be hard not to be in’ says Beetlejuice star
Michael Keaton has revealed he could return to one of his best-known roles in a sequel to Tim Burton’s supernatural fantasy Beetlejuice. Keaton told MTV News that Burton was looking more and more likely to direct the new film, which has been in development for the last year.
“I’ve emailed Tim a couple of times, talked to the writer a couple of times, but all really, really preliminary stuff,” Keaton said. “I always said that’s the one thing I’d like to do again… But it kind of required Tim to be involved some way or another.
“Now it looks like he is involved,” Keaton continued. “And without giving too much away we’ve talked to each other, and emailed each other, and if he’s in, it’s going to be hard not to be in.”
The screenplay for the sequel is by Seth Grahame-Smith, who wrote Burton’s Dark Shadows. The original Beetlejuice, released in 1988, centred on a young, recently deceased couple (Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis) who find themselves haunting their old home. They enlist the help of Beetlejuice, a mischievous freelance “bio-exorcist” ghost, to scare away the obnoxious new family that moves in.
Talk of a sequel is timely for Keaton, who is currently experiencing something of a career renaissance with key roles in the current Robocop remake and Alejandro González Iñárritu’s comedy, Birdman.
Burton is currently completing post-production on Big Eyes, a biopic of artist Walter Keane starring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz, and has an adaptation of children’s fantasy Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children due for release in summer 2015.
guardian.co.uk © Guardian News and Media 2014
White House Counsel busted working to keep whistleblower report from Congress: report
President Donald Trump's White House counsel has reportedly been personally involved in keeping Congress from reviewing a whistleblowing report involving Ukraine.
"The revelation that Trump pushed Zelensky to pursue the Biden probe, which was first reported by The Wall Street Journal, represents the most detailed account so far of the president’s conduct that prompted a U.S. intelligence official to file a whistleblower action against the president," The Washington Post reported Friday. "The disclosure comes amid new details about the White House’s role in preventing Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire from complying with Congressional demands for the material in the complaint."
Watch Ex-CIA official break down the ‘three crimes’ Trump committed if Ukraine scandal is true
President Donald Trump could be charged with committing three federal crimes if the whistleblower reports involving the White House seeking campaign interference from Ukraine are correct.
MSNBC "Deadline: White House" anchor Nicolle Wallace interviewed Jeremy Bash on Friday -- and worried about the safety of the whistleblower.
"The stakes could not be any higher, the risk to his career -- or her career -- and reputation and perhaps legal standing could not be any higher for this whistleblower. That's why we’re glad to be joined by national security analyst, former chief of staff of the CIA and Department of Defense, someone I wanted to talk to about this story all week, Jeremy Bash," Wallace said.
Ex-FBI official urges Trump whistleblower to call the Bureau and report a ‘crime’ occurred
The whistleblower at the heart of President Donald Trump's scandal involving Ukraine and Rudy Giuliani may need to call the FBI and report a crime, a former top official at the Bureau explained on MSNBC on Friday.
Frank Figliuzzi, the former assistant director for counterintelligence at the FBI, was interviewed by MSNBC's Nicolle Wallace on Friday shortly after The Wall Street Journal published a bombshell report that Trump personally pressured Volodymyr Zelensky eight times to work with Giuliani for oppo research on Joe Biden's son, Hunter.