Quantcast
Connect with us

Joe Biden’s son was discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine

Published

on

Government officials confirmed on Thursday evening that Vice President Joe Biden’s 44-year-old son was kicked out of the Navy Reserve after testing positive for cocaine, CNN reported.

“It was the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy, and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge,” Hunter Biden said in a statement. “I respect the Navy’s decision. With the love and support of my family, I’m moving forward.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The Wall Street Journal had reported earlier in the day that Hunter Biden was discharged this past February in connection with a positive test for the drug in June 2013. Biden was an ensign stationed at Navy Public Affairs Support Element East in Norfolk, Virginia at the time.

CNN reported that Biden was most likely listed as an administrative discharge due to the nature of his offense, citing an unidentified source who said the Navy did not contact the vice president’s office regarding the matter. Joe Biden’s office has refused to comment on the report of his son’s discharge.

Hunter Biden entered the Navy Reserve when he was 43 years old, which required him to gain two waivers, including one connected to a “drug-related incident” earlier on in his life. The Journal reported that, according to officials, those waivers are not out of the ordinary. He was then recommended for the Navy’s direct-commission program, which allows civilians to enter the service through an “abbreviated training program” and be part of the service’s public affairs division.

Biden currently heads the humanitarian group World Food Program USA while serving as a managing partner at a Washington D.C. investment firm and an adjunct assistant professor at Georgetown University. His older brother, Beau Biden, is currently the state attorney general for Delaware.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘Anyone who tried to impact outcome of election should spend life in jail’: Lewandowski

Published

on

On Tuesday, Donald Trump's former campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, testified before the House Judiciary Committee. Lewandowski's appearance before Congress was significant because Donald Trump reportedly told him to tell Jeff Sessions to limit the scope of Mueller's Russia probe.

Lewandowski was defiant in his opening statement, slamming the investigation as biased and knocking Hillary Clinton. He also declared that any entity that tried to meddle in a U.S. election should be in prison.

He said that he handled as many as a thousand emails. "And unlike Hillary Clinton, I don't think I ever deleted any of those," Lewandowski said. "Many of them were either responded to with one-word answers or floated to other staff for additional follow-up. But throughout it all, and to the best of my recollection, I don't recall ever having any conversations with foreign entities, let alone any who were operating to manipulate the outcome of an election."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

American neo-Nazis now see 9/11 mastermind Osama Bin Laden as a role model: report

Published

on

A new report from Vice claims that white supremacist organizations are increasingly viewing Osama Bin Laden, the late mastermind of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, as a role model whose actions can influence the future of their movement.

The report finds that neo-Nazi group Atomwaffen Division has recently started using Bin Laden's image in its propaganda while also promoting Islamist extremists' willingness to commit mass murder in the name of their religion as something that should be inspiring to American white nationalists.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

REVEALED: The Saudis have also been pumping cash into Trump’s infamous Scotland golf resort

Published

on

It's not just the American military whose members have been spending cash at President Donald Trump's golf resort in Turnberry, Scotland.

Politico reports that "a group of Saudi royals stayed at the resort for about a week at the tail end of extended travel" and that they brought "a party of 25 people and more than a hundred pieces of luggage."

This is not the first time that Saudi officials have plugged money into Trump properties.

As Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold has documented, members of the Saudi government have also helped prop up flagship Trump hotels in New York and Chicago since his election.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image