Quantcast
Connect with us

Florida man slaughters his own family after social workers ignore wife’s warning

Published

on

A Florida man who slaughtered his entire family and who critically injured the paramedic who came to his ex-wife’s aid as she lay dying was declared to pose no “impending danger” by child-welfare services just four months before the horror.

Henry Romone Brown jumped out of the trunk of a car where he had been lying in wait for his ex-wife, Chericia Brown. He stabbed her as she exited a Chili’s restaurant. As an off-duty paramedic and a nurse rushed out to help her, Brown returned in his SUV and ran the three of them over. Chericia Brown died at the scene. The paramedic, Caroline Dorton, was critically injured and is now recovering in an Orlando hospital.

ADVERTISEMENT

After killing his wife, Henry Brown escaped, later exchanging gunfire with police. He then shot and killed his two children, Henry IV, four, and daughter Aleah, who was one. He then killed himself.

The 911 call of the attack in the Chili’s parking lot details the six minutes when employees first called police to report the stabbing, and then continued to update them as police were dispatched. Brown ran over three people before police could arrive. The third person refused treatment.

On Wednesday, documents were released which detailed the domestic violence incident last December that led to the declaration that Brown posed no immediate threat. Seminole County Sheriff’s Office sent its Child Protective Services out to talk to Chericia Brown after she filed a complaint on December 19 that her ex-husband had pulled her hair, dragged her into a closet and beat her in the head. He also threatened to kill her if she took the kids. He was not charged because of a lack of evidence.

Chericia’s  mother, who lives in New Mexico, was not aware of any domestic violence prior to the December incident, although she told investigators that there was something “off” about her son-in-law. She noted that there was “something not right in regards to the father’s behavior but she never discussed it directly with her daughter,” according to the report. CPS reports that the house was in good order, and the children were healthy.

CPS advised Ms. Brown to take out an injunction against her husband, which she did. She was granted full custody of the couple’s two children. Ms. Brown told the court that  her husband had threatened her, saying, “You won’t even know it,” when he promised that he would kill her some day while she was walking or coming home from work. She also told court officials that her husband owned a gun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Funeral services for Chericia Brown and her two children have not been finalized.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

WATCH: Protesters celebrate as Chase Bank was set ablaze during Portland protests

Published

on

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump alerts ‘active-duty U.S. military police’ for possible deployment to Minnesota: report

Published

on

President Donald Trump's administration is contemplating using active-duty U.S. troops in an attempt to quell the protests in Minneapolis, the Associated Press reported early Saturday morning.

As unrest spread across dozens of American cities on Friday, the Pentagon took the rare step of ordering the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis, where the police killing of George Floyd sparked the widespread protests," the AP reported.

"Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours. The people did not want their names used because they were not authorized to discuss the preparations," the AP explained.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

John Roberts joins liberals as Supreme Court rejects challenge to Newsom’s COVID-19 limits on California church attendance

Published

on

In a 5-4 ruling, the Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal from the South Bay United Pentecostal Church in Chula Vista, California. The San Diego area church tried to challenge the state's limits on attendance at worship services:

The church argued that limits on how many people can attend their services violate constitutional guarantees of religious freedom and had been seeking an order in time for services on Sunday. The church said it has crowds of 200 to 300 people for its services.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image