Quantcast
Connect with us

Trump fans swindled out of over $1 million by scammer promising dinner with The Donald

Published

on

Just how easy is it for grifters to make money off of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign?

So easy that a 25-year-old man with no ties to the Trump campaign has made more than $1 million by giving them a false promise that they’ll have a chance to win a dinner with their favorite candidate.

Politico reports that a 25-year-old Maryland man named Ian Hawes, who runs a website called dinnerwithtrump.org, has suckered over 20,000 Trump supporters into giving his purportedly pro-Trump PAC more than $1 million in donations under the false promise that donating would net them a chance to have dinner with the Donald.

ADVERTISEMENT

Hawes got the word for his scam PAC out by spending $108,000 on Facebook ads and it so far has spent none of the money that it’s collected helping Trump get elected.

“I feel ripped off and taken advantage of,” Mary Pat Kulina, who donated $265 to the PAC, told Politico. “This is horrible. That was not my intent… I want my money back and I want them to add up what they stole from people and give it to Donald Trump.”

Given what we know about Trump’s campaign, of course, it’s no bet that donating to it would be a safer investment.

Nonetheless, it seems that Hawes’s PAC is baldly deceptive. Politico notes that even though it’s promoting dinner with Trump, the fine print in the deal actually promises two tickets “at a Sponsor-selected fundraising evening event held with Donald Trump and other attendees.”


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Brooklynn 88 Precinct ‘overrun’ — one night after Minneapolis police station was burned to the ground: report

Published

on

Protesters have overrun a police station in New York City, according to a CNN law enforcement analyst.

"NYPD source informs me 88 Pct in Brooklyn just been overrun," former FBI Agent James Gagliano reported Friday evening.

"Police Commissioner Shea has called a Level 3 mobilization. Requires all special units respond and four cars from every command in the city to location," he explained.

He said 84 Precinct and Brooklyn North are also "under siege."

https://twitter.com/JamesAGagliano/status/1266546781569142784

Brooklyn 88 precinct overrun pic.twitter.com/rCyV41XKmN

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

WATCH: Prisoners at Chicago correctional facility bang on the walls in solidarity with protesters

Published

on

On Friday, as protests raged across the nation over the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Chicago protesters were joined by the inmates of a correctional facility, who audibly banked on the walls in solidarity.

Watch below:

Not sure if you can hear...but the people locked inside the correctional center are banging on the walls like crazy. #chicagoprotest pic.twitter.com/e4bMxtiAh9

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Rudy Giuliani hilariously ridiculed for cryptic tweet: ‘World’s most expensive lawyer strikes again’

Published

on

On Friday evening, President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani tweeted a single hash symbol.

#

— Rudy W. Giuliani (@RudyGiuliani) May 30, 2020

Commenters on social media had no idea what Giuliani meant by tweeting this. But they had a lot of fun with it.

&

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image