The first of the 19 defendants on trial for the 2014 standoff at the Bundy family ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada has entered a guilty plea in U.S. District Court.
According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Gerald DeLemus -- head of New Hampshire's Veterans for Trump and "mid-level organizer" in the Bundy-led group's plot to attack federal agents -- will enter a guilty plea on Tuesday to Chief U.S. District Judge Gloria Navarro on Aug. 23.
DeLemus faces nine federal charges including conspiracy. Judge Navarro filed paperwork Tuesday indicating that she received a signed plea agreement from DeLemus, the details of which will not be made public until he appears in court.
The Review-Journal said that many of the defendants are expected to negotiate plea deals with the court in the Bundy family-led plot, in which armed militiamen planned to kill Bureau of Land Management agents. The agents were attempting to collect Bundy's years-overdue fees for grazing his cattle on federal land.
DeLemus is a staunch anti-federalist and gun-rights advocate and is married to a Republican New Hampshire state legislator. He was arrested earlier this year.
Three other defendants are entering guilty pleas but have yet to strike a deal with prosecutors and the court.
"Montana militia leader Ryan Payne, Bundy family bodyguard Blaine Cooper and Arizona militia member Joseph O’Shaughnessy have been ordered transferred from Oregon to Nevada so they can negotiate deals here," said the Review-Journal.