Donald Trump’s 2005 interview with then “Access Hollywood” reporter, Billy Bush, caught the reporter on video and audio agreeing with many of Trumps vulgar statements. It didn’t exactly reflect well on him or NBC.
Bush, now a co-host of the “Today Show,” has been suspended and there is talk of making the suspension indefinite, and as a result, Bush is circling a lawyer wagon around him. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Bush would have been fired from “Access Hollywood” if he didn’t go along with Trump’s sexual comments.
“If Billy had been passive or responded ‘Shut the f— up’ to Trump, Billy would have been out of a job the next day,” litigator Marshall Grossman explained. Bush was an employee of NBC Universal at the time and Grossman explains that he wasn’t in a position to fire back against another NBC star like Trump.
Grossman joined Bush’s legal team this week and is best known for representing Steven Spielberg and Clint Eastwood in legal matters before.
Bush is currently in negotiations with NBC over the terms of his exit from the network and earns approximately $3 million a year. Bush is also on record talking about his conversation with Trump as far back as August while covering the Olympics. However, NBC higher-ups like chairman Andy Lack and Today Show Senior Vice President Noah Oppenheim didn’t have any knowledge of the tape before it was released.
“NBC News did exactly what you would expect from a great news organization,” an NBC spokesperson said in a statement after the tape was released. “As soon as we saw the tape and made the assessment it was undoubtedly newsworthy, we moved quickly and deliberately to get it published and to do so in the most responsible way.”
At the same time, Bush is coming under fire from Trump’s supporters, claiming he was the source of the leak. Buzz Feed writer Anne Helen Peterson tweeted that Trump supporters believe that Bush is the source of the leak. Bush is a cousin of Jeb Bush, who Trump notoriously bullied through the Republican primaries. Distant relative and former President George H. W. Bush and his wife Barbara have both denounced Trump and indicated that they will not be supporting their party’s nominee this year.
Trump approves of North Korea missile tests: ‘I have no problem’ because they’re just ‘short-range missiles’
On Thursday, in conversation with reporters, President Donald Trump said that he had 'no problem' with North Korea's new round of missile tests.
"Short-range missiles, we never made an agreement on that," said Trump. "I have no problem, we'll see what happens, but these are short-range missiles. They're very standard."
The thought that short-range missiles would still be capable of hitting our allies in the region, like South Korea and Japan, does not seem to have occurred to him.
Trump says he has "no problem" with North Korea testing missiles because they are just "short-range missiles" that are "very standard." pic.twitter.com/fdKtQ6yrBE
Russian Twitter propaganda predicted 2016 US election polls
But one conclusion was unequivocal: Russia unleashed an extensive campaign of fake news and disinformation on social media with the aim of distorting U.S. public opinion, sowing discord and swinging the election in favor of the Republican candidate Donald Trump.
Beto O’Rourke calls for a ‘war tax’ in release of health care plan for veterans
The Democratic presidential candidate uses his eighth policy announcement to focus on an area that he prioritized in Congress.
Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke on Monday morning released a plan to improve the lives of veterans, returning to an area of priority during his time in the U.S. House for his latest 2020 policy rollout.
In keeping with measures he supported in Congress, the plan calls for a "responsible end" to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — reinvesting $1 out of every $2 saved in veterans programs — and the creation of a Veterans Health Care Trust Fund for each future war. The fund would be paid for by a "war tax" on households without service members or veterans.