Quantcast
Connect with us

Trump ally Roger Stone used PAC money to bankroll Sunday’s Clinton accusers: report

Published

on

Women who appeared at Sunday night’s presidential debate to act as Donald Trump’s hedges against sexism charges received funds from a super PAC directed by longtime Trump ally and Republican “dirty tricks” specialist Roger Stone

According to ABC News, Stone used funds from the Committee to Restore America’s Greatness PAC to pay Kathy Shelton of Arkansas $2,500 as “contract labor” for the campaign, according to records filed with the Federal Elections Commission (FEC).

ADVERTISEMENT

Stone told an Associated Press reporter via email that Shelton “was extensively interviewed on video about her experience with Hillary Clinton and was paid for her time.”

In 1975, Clinton was asked by a judge to defend a 41-year-old man accused of attacking a then 12-year-old Shelton. The prosecution reportedly bungled the case, and Clinton negotiated a plea deal to a lesser charge. Shelton has made the rounds of right-wing media in recent months attempting to derail Clinton’s candidacy.

Another of the women present at Sunday’s debate, Kathleen Willey, was the beneficiary of a fund drive by Stone earlier this year to pay off her mortgage. In a video promoting the fundraiser, Stone said that the Trump campaign contributed to the fund. The campaign, however, denies making any payments to on Willey’s mortgage.

Willey has publicly accused former Pres. Bill Clinton of subjecting her to unwanted sexual advances.

The Trump 2016 campaign purportedly has not endorsed Stone’s activities and claims to be acting independently of the network of super PACs and pro-Trump funds he has organized since leaving the campaign.

ADVERTISEMENT

Stone is a former aide to Pres. Richard Nixon and has been the source of some of the Trump campaign’s most scurrilous smears against opponents, including accusing Sen. Ted Cruz’s father of involvement in the assassination of Pres. John F. Kennedy.

Trump claims to have fired Stone from the campaign but sources say that the two longtime confreres are in regular contact and that Stone continues to have Trump’s ear when it comes to campaign tactics and avenues of attack against Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Former Trump administration official refers to a renowned Black scholar as ‘some criminal’

Published

on

President Donald Trump's former Attorney General Jeff Sessions referred to renowned Black Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. as "some criminal" in an interview with The New York Times Magazine.

Sessions, one of Trump's earliest supporters who was later fired after years of attacks from the president, is currently attempting to reclaim his old Senate seat in Alabama. Sessions has desperately tried to tout his Trumpist credentials on the campaign trail, even as the president has waged a campaign aimed at sabotaging his primary bid.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Miami-Dade cop relieved of duty after punching irate woman at Florida airport

Published

on

A bad situation turned worse, after a woman missed her flight at Miami International Airport. When police were called, things got even worse.

According to the Miami Herald, body-camera footage, which surfaced Wednesday evening, showed the officer hitting the woman yelling at him.

“You acting like you white when you really Black...what you want to do?” the woman without a mask says.

She then stepped very close to the officer, putting her face against his and that's when he struck her in the face.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Appellate Judge says Mary Trump’s tell-all book can be released

Published

on

Yesterday, a judge paused Mary Trump's tell-all book on President Donald Trump and his family, but Wednesday evening, a New York appellate judge ruled that Simon & Schuster could move forward with releasing the book.

According to the New York Times, Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man will be released in four weeks, on schedule.

"Justice Alan Scheinkman’s ruling, however, put off addressing a central aspect of the bitter spat about the manuscript that has been roiling all month in the Trump family: whether, by writing the book, Ms. Trump violated a confidentiality agreement put in place nearly 20 years ago after a struggle over the will of her grandfather, Fred Trump Sr., Donald Trump’s father," the report said.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image