Quantcast
Connect with us

Trump attacked one of his attempted rape accusers just this year: ‘The woman has real problems’

Published

on

Before the Sunday night debate began, Donald Trump was in a conference room with three women who have accused former President Bill Clinton of sexual harassment or sexual assault. But while Trump was playing the understanding and sympathetic character, he was concealing a history of shaming his own accusers of sexual harassment and sexual assault.

“Hillary Clinton attacked those same women, attacked them viciously,” Trump has said throughout the campaign. “Bill Clinton has actually abused women and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims,” he said in his video apology late Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT

While Trump might be talking about something that happened 11 to 20 years ago, just this summer and previously in February, Trump went after former business partner Jill Harth, who accused Trump of sexual assaulting her in the 1990s. But long before the New York Times story over the weekend, LawNewz sat down with Harth. Just a few minutes after publishing their interview, the site says Trump was on the phone to them, denying the allegations and also attacking Harth.

According to their report, Trump told LawNewz that Harth has issues. “If you look in the National Enquirer, there was a story in there that she was in love with me. The woman has real problems,” he told the site. “It’s ridiculous, I’ve never touched this woman.”

Harth also confessed that Trump sent his attorney to try to get her to change her story. In the incident with Harth in the 1990s, she describes Trump forcing himself on her, sliding his hand up her skirt and between her legs and trying to find ways he could get her alone. When the lawsuit was unearthed in February, Harth got the call from Trump’s lawyer saying she needed to keep her mouth shut.

“When your story broke, Donald stuck that lawyer on me right off the bat,” she said, “He was out to protect Donald. He didn’t care how this affected me.” Trump’s attorney Michael Cohen tried to help her “re-understand” what actually happened. It didn’t work.

“He was trying to turn it around like this was something different,” she explained, saying Cohen was trying to convince her Trump was just flirting. “But I think if you try to woo a woman it is mutual. Not just push somebody up against a wall,” she said.

ADVERTISEMENT

She ultimately withdrew her lawsuit after Trump agreed to a settlement out of court. She stands by her story.

“He can say whatever he wants I know it’s true, I am a part of his past he wants to forget,” she said.


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Michigan man assaults passerby who made fun of him for wearing coronavirus mask made from thong underwear

Published

on

On Wednesday, The Daily Beast reported police in Michigan are looking for a 47-year-old man accused of assaulting a passerby who had made fun of him for wearing a coronavirus mask made out of thong underwear.

"According to The Battle Creek Enquirer, the 57-year-old victim told police he was in his home on Monday evening when the suspect approached him wearing thong underwear over his face. The victim allegedly told the suspect that the makeshift mask looked like the thongs laying around his own home."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump ‘said the quiet part out loud again and acknowledged when more people vote Dems win’: MSNBC host

Published

on

MSNBC's Chuck Todd had to cut into President Donald Trump's Wednesday press conference twice to fact-check inaccurate claims he was making. However, one thing Katy Tur noticed, amid the inaccuracies about vote-by-mail, that Trump inadvertently "said the quiet part out loud again."

Democrats have said that one of their most-haves in the next coronavirus bill is funding for states that want to go to a vote-by-mail system.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump’s ex-ethics director: The president is in the late stage of ‘an authoritarian coup

Published

on

When Donald Trump was running for president in 2016, he vowed to “drain the swamp” if elected — which was his way of promising to clean up the political environment in Washington, D.C. and make the federal government more accountable. But former ethics official Walter Shaub, in an op-ed for USA Today, argues that Trump’s presidency has been a nonstop attack on accountability.

Shaub served as director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics from 2013-2017. He resigned in the middle of Trump’s first year in office in protest of the White House’s complete disregard for ethics rules. And in his new op-ed, Shaub details some of the many ways in which accountability has been under attack during Trump’s presidency — from his “assault on inspectors general” to “open presidential profiteering” to the firing of officials who stood up to him, including former FBI Director James Comey and former Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image