Quantcast
Connect with us

Gloria Allred won’t rule out defamation suit: Trump accusers now facing ‘world’s most powerful man’

Published

on

Attorney Gloria Allred and Trump accuser Summer Zervos (The Guardian, Screenshot)

Attorney Gloria Allred is still representing a number of women who have accused Donald Trump of sexual misconduct during his campaign run, and she announced on Friday that her clients can sue the President-elect for defamation, according to the Guardian.

At a press conference on Friday, Allred said, “Now Mr. Trump has been elected President of the United States. He now has the opportunity to begin his term with a clean slate. I challenge him to seize this opportunity now, to retract his statement that these accusers are liars and that their allegations are fabrications and fiction.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Summer Zervos, a former Apprentice contestant who accused Trump of sexually harassing her appeared alongside Allred. “He now has the largest bully pulpit in the world, and he has not yet taken back his threat to sue me and the others who came forward,” Zervos said, visibly upset by the matter.

“I want to make it clear that even though it is hard and painful to speak up against the world’s most powerful man, I will continue to speak the truth and I refuse to be intimidated into silence,” she said.

Allred noted that at this time, her clients have not planned to sue the President-elect. However, if he continues to fabricate lies about the women, Allred said, “It is my recommendation that they consider filing a lawsuit against him for defamation.”

Zervos appeared afraid at that moment, grabbing Allred’s arm, emotional and shaken. She said, “What ever happened to a good old fashioned ‘I’m sorry’?”

After multiple women came forward accusing Trump of sexual assault and harassment in early October, Trump took to Twitter and referred to the women at multiple rallies as losers. He suggested they were seeking attention and called them liars. He also implied that two of them were not attractive enough for his attention.

ADVERTISEMENT

The President-elect has made a lot of terrible statements over the course of his campaign, and legal groups are ready to fight him moving forward if he attempts to deliver on many of his campaign promises.

A defamation lawsuit from Allred’s clients could likely have serious implications for Trump’s administration, especially given that he is already facing another legal battle later this month.

Watch the clip in full below.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump doubles down on ‘exploding trees’ being the real cause of California wildfires — not heat or drought

Published

on

President Donald Trump doubled down on his "explosive tree" idea as the cause of the California wildfires.

Speaking to Fox News host Mark Levin, Trump explained that trees apparently explode, but trees in other countries are far worse than U.S. trees.

"I meet with foreign leaders of countries, and they have an expression, 'Sir, we are a forest nation.' But they say, 'we have trees that are far more explosive than the trees in California. We don't understand how a thing like that can happen. You have to manage your forest," said Trump.

It's a similar claim that Trump made while in California last week, claiming that the drought, heatwave and global climate change wasn't the cause.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

There are still Trump White House staff secretly trying to save the US from Trump: Ex-National Security Adviser

Published

on

Former National Security Adviser Gen. H.R. McMaster appeared on "60 Minutes" Sunday and reassured the world that there are still secret members in the White House that are trying to protect the country from the likes of President Donald Trump.

Speaking to Scott Pelley, McMaster explained that he thinks the world now sees the United States as "weak and divided," something that Russian President Vladimir Putin has worked toward since 2016, according to intelligence reports.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump’s campaign reveals just how very little money they have left

Published

on

Former Vice President Joe Biden announced that his campaign brought in a massive campaign haul during the Democratic convention last month ahead of the August campaign finance filing. President Donald Trump has attempted to keep his campaign numbers hidden with a late filing, and by Sunday evening it was clear why.

Trump's total haul for August, when he got a week's worth of free media from the Republican convention, was just $61.7 million. The campaign spent almost all of it, $61.2 million.

The campaign still has about $900,000 in debt. His cash on hand is just $121 million in the bank.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage.  Help us deliver it.  Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free. LEARN MORE