WATCH: Wine shop worker's pocketed e-cigarette explodes in fireball of sparks and flames
Fireball from Otis Gooding's exploding e-cigarette (Screen capture)

A Manhattan wine shop worker got burned when an e-cigarette in his pocket exploded -- and surveillance cameras caught it all on video.


In truly alarming video posted by ABC News, Otis Gooding can be seen standing and speaking with coworkers just before the e-cigarette exploded in a fireball that sent sparks and flames shooting in all directions.

Gooding was working at Central Cellars -- a wine shop in Manhattan's Grand Central Station -- when the explosion took place. His coworkers scattered as Gooding frantically tried to pat out the flames, receiving serious burns to his right hand.

Attorney Sanford Rubenstein said that Gooding was rushed to a nearby hospital and was admitted to the burn unit, where he will undergo surgeries to repair burn damage to his skin.

A coworker said that Gooding's pants just suddenly began "sizzling" as if he had a pocket full of fireworks. No one else was injured in the incident.

Watch the video, embedded below: