Quantcast
Connect with us

Fox News tweets false information about white nationalist Quebec mosque shooter

Published

on

A shooting at a mosque in Quebec, Canada on Sunday night left six people dead and eight others injured. Following the shooting, many politicians and media outlets were quick to link the incident to Islam, noting falsely that the gunman was of Moroccan origin.

However, on Monday, the suspect in the shooting was identified as Alexandre Bissonnette, a 27-year-old white French Canadian nationalist, who was described in a local outlet as “an anti-immigrant far-right ‘troll.'”

ADVERTISEMENT

Earlier Monday, Fox News wrote a tweet that read, “Suspect in Quebec mosque terror attack was of Moroccan origin.” Even after the suspect had been identified as Bissonnette, Fox has not yet issued a correction.

 

Some called them out for not correcting the tweet, even though the outlet had corrected its own reports about the suspect.

 

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Bissonnette was detained and is facing six charges of first-degree murder, according to Canadian police.

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

2020 Election

WATCH: CNN uses video to bust Trump for lying and stealing credit for veterans program signed by Obama

Published

on

Reacting to Donald Trump's abrupt departure from his Saturday press conference after he was pressed by a CBS White House correspondent Paula Reid for lying and taking credit for a veterans bill signed into law by former President Barack Obama, CNN's Victor Blackwell shared clips of the former president announcing the signing in 2014 and Trump attempting to steal credit yesterday.

According to Blackwell, "One of President Trump's go-to lies is his role in passing Veterans Choice. You saw it at the end of the news conference when he walked away. Well that was when he was faced with a question why he said that he passed Choice and Accountability for the V.A."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Nagasaki marks 75 years since atomic bombing

Published

on

The Japanese city of Nagasaki on Sunday commemorated the 75th anniversary of its destruction by a US atomic bomb, with its mayor and the head of the United Nations warning against a nuclear arms race.

Nagasaki was flattened in an atomic inferno three days after Hiroshima -- twin nuclear attacks that rang in the nuclear age and gave Japan the bleak distinction of being the only country to be struck by atomic weapons.

Survivors, their relatives and a handful of foreign dignitaries attended a remembrance ceremony in Nagasaki where they called for world peace.

Participants offered a silent prayer at 11:02 am (0202 GMT), the time the second and last nuclear weapon used in wartime was dropped over the city.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Lebanon information minister resigns over Beirut blast

Published

on

Lebanon’s information minister Manal Abdel Samad on Sunday quit in the first government resignation since a deadly port blast killed more than 150 people and destroyed swathes of Beirut.

?After the enormous Beirut catastrophe, I announce my resignation from government,? she said in a statement carried by local media, apologising to the Lebanese public for failing them.

A number of MPs also submitted their resignations a day earlier due to the explosions.

On Saturday afternoon, thousands took to streets in downtown Beirut in anti-government protests that demand the overhaul of the political system, days after massive explosions.

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image