Why does Steve Bannon make less per year than Omarosa?: White House publishes list of employee salaries
On Friday, the White House released a 16-page document detailing the annual salaries paid to White House employees, all of whom are paid from taxpayer funds.
Politico published excerpts from the list including key White House employees like Kellyanne Conway ($179,000 per year), former Breitbart.com CEO Stephen K. Bannon ($179,000) and former “The Apprentice” contestant and reality TV villain Omarosa Manigault ($179,700).
Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are taking no salaries at all, while Kushner confidant and White House economic adviser Gary Cohn is taking a salary of only $30,000 per year.
Other salaries published by Politico include:
- Reince Priebus, chief of staff — $179,700
- Steve Bannon, chief strategist — 179,700
- Kellyanne Conway, senior counselor to the president — $179,700
- Sean Spicer, press secretary — $179,700
- Hope Hicks, director of strategic communications — $179,700
- Dan Scavino, director of social media — $179,700
- Stephen Miller, senior policy advisor — $179,700