‘How it works at the boy’s club’: Bill O’Reilly accuser slams Fox News for Hannity bringing back disgraced host
Ousted Fox News personality Bill O’Reilly will return to the network for Tuesday’s Sean Hannity show.
O’Reilly was fired after revelations that Fox News paid out nearly $13 million in sexual harassment lawsuits to five victims.
O’Reilly is promoting his new book Killing England.
CNN senior media reporter Oliver Darcy explained, “the fact that Fox News executives would permit O’Reilly to return to the network’s air and let him use it as a platform to sell books only months after firing him struck some observers — including people inside the network and at least one of the women who accused him of harassment — as peculiar.”
“That’s how it works at the boy’s club,” Wendy Walsh, who accused O’Reilly of sexual harassment, told CNN on Tuesday. “That’s how it works.”
Darcy talked to multiple Fox News employees about the decision.
“I question how serious Fox News considers the offenses for which he was fired if they are now giving him a platform to sell his book,” a senior Fox News employee told CNN. “Talk about mixed messages.”
“On a day that should be about Fox celebrating female talent with Sandra Smith, Harris Faulkner and Dana Perino getting their own gigs, O’Reilly returning allows us to be talking about a period that is hopefully behind us,” an on-air personality told CNN.
Darcy explained that Hannity is bringing O’Reilly on his show despite loathing his former colleague.
“Two people familiar with the relationship between the two men told CNN that it was well-known inside Fox News that they did not like each other. One of the people said it was known staff should ‘never say anything good’ about O’Reilly in front of Hannity,” Darcy explained. “Another person familiar with their relationship told CNN that Hannity even continued talking negatively about O’Reilly several months after O’Reilly had been ousted from Fox News.