Quantcast
Connect with us

Jason Kessler — organizer behind racist ‘Unite the Right’ rally — gets indicted for perjury in Virginia

Published

on

Jason Kessler, the organizer of the so-called “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, has been indicted for perjury related to an incident in January. A capias has been issued for his arrest.

A grand jury in Albemarle County issued an indictment for Kessler on a felony perjury charge over a sworn statement he made earlier this year, according to local media outlet CBS19.

Kessler gave a statement to a magistrate claiming that he was assaulted by James Taylor while collecting signatures to have Wes Bellamy removed from the Charlottesville City Council.

But a video later revealed that Kessler was the one who attacked Taylor. Assault charges against Taylor were dropped in March, while Kessler ended up pleading guilty to assault in April.

“I’ll admit that what I did was not legal,” Kessler said in April. “I was having a bad day. I’ve never done anything like this before and it will never happen again.”

“He and his buddy came over, they scribbled on my petition and vandalized it,” he added. “James didn’t want to have a conversation with me, he yelled you’re a….and he called me a name. I felt threatened and I hit him to get him away from me.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Kessler was the lead organizer behind the August 12 white nationalists rally in Charlottesville, where one counter-protester was killed by a white supremacist.

According to CBS19, the perjury charge is a class 5 felony, which carries a sentence of up to ten years in prison and up to a $2,500 fine.

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

How one woman taunting a homeless McDonald’s employee turned his life around

Published

on

A woman in Fayette County, Georgia recently took to Facebook to disparage a McDonald's worker who was sleeping in the restaurant. "I go and tell an employee there is someone is asleep in their booth and her response was 'oh yeah, we know hee hee, it's ok' and I said 'not really but whatever,'" she wrote.

It turned out the sleeping employee, Simon Childs, is a 21-year-old homeless father who had recently lost his mother and was trying to catch some rest between multiple shifts at the restaurant.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is so toxic few people would admit to attending her going away party

Published

on

Outgoing White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders redefined the role of her position by refusing to hold daily briefings and brazenly lying to protect President Donald Trump.

She was even cited in the Mueller report for admitting under oath that she had lied from the podium.

So when Politico's Anita Kumar and the Daily Mail's Francesca Chambers decided to throw Sanders a going away party, there was immediate outrage.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Soccer superstar Megan Rapinoe profanely rips Trump and vows she won’t go to the White House

Published

on

U.S. women's national soccer team star Megan Rapinoe will not be visiting the White House if the team successfully repeats their Women's World Cup victory.

"I'm not going to the f*cking White House," she told Eight By Eight Magazine.

"We're not going to be invited," she added.

On Monday, President Donald Trump ripped Rapinoe for protested during the national anthem.

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

 ENOUGH IS ENOUGH 

Trump endorses killing journalists, like Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi. Online ad networks are now targeting sites that cover acts of violence against dissidents, LGBTQ people and people of color.

Learn how you can help.
close-link