Broken staircases and spoiled food: Florida health inspectors failed Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s exclusive club in Palm Beach, required emergency repairs in order to pass a November inspection by Florida health inspectors, the Miami Herald reports.
On November 8th, the so-called “Winter White House” was cited for “the lack of smoke detectors capable of alerting the hearing impaired through flashing bright lights; and slabs of concrete missing from a staircase, exposing steel rebar that could cause someone to fall.”
There were also food-safety violations discovered.
“The November inspections of the club’s two main kitchens, meanwhile, yielded a total 15 violations,” the Miami Herald reported. “Among the no-nos was the staff’s failure to track the freshness of potentially hazardous foods, including curry sauce dated Oct. 21 pulled from a freezer and improperly marked, milk stored at 49 degrees instead of the safe temperature of 41 degrees, and cases of hot dogs stored on the ground of the walk-in freezer.”
This was the second time Trump’s club has been cited during his presidency.
In February 2017, “inspectors found sushi fish ready for consumption without the obligatory treatment for parasites and cited the club for storing food in two broken down coolers at temperatures that spoiled fresh ingredients,” the Miami Herald reminded.