Quantcast
Connect with us

Accused serial rapist Kentucky cop faces disturbing new allegations from two more women

Published

on

A Kentucky cop is now facing six lawsuits alleging that he raped women, including while he was on duty.

Former Louisville police offer Pablo Cano, who resigned after several of the lawsuits were filed, is accused of having raped women in his patrol car and in uniform.

“I couldn’t believe it was happening,” one of the alleged victims told a Kentucky TV station. “A police officer in uniform was doing that to me.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Cano started with the Louisville department in 2015. That year, he faced a complaint over shooting a homeowner’s pit bull after the homeowner called to report a break-in. Cano was reportedly rejected by four Florida police departments. Miami reportedly passed him over because he said he’d used psychedelic mushrooms.

The first allegations against Cano were made in July 2017. In September, he resigned. The city opened an investigation into the allegations, which is “ongoing.” Cano has not yet been charged with a crime.

Attorney Shannon Fauver, who is representing the victims, has told harrowing stories of the alleged rapes, some of which began with a traffic stop. In one case, a woman with a bench warrant was pulled over and allegedly solicited for sex.

“He wanted to know if she wanted to be arrested or perform services,” Fauver explained. “So he followed her, he took her phone number first and followed her. They actually went to the store and got condoms.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Because the officer was on the clock, in uniform and in his marked police vehicle, the alleged victims were afraid to come forward.

“They all waited a while to come in because he’s an officer,” Fauver said. “They were all afraid to report it because they assume officers cover for themselves or each other. I don’t think that’s true, but that is what the general public sees on TV and stuff.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Legal scholar exposes the absolutely bonkers ‘missing link’ in Rudy Giuliani’s Ukraine conspiracy theory

Published

on

Ryan Goodman, a professor at New York University School of Law, has written a new article with NYU colleague Alex Potcovaru exposing the direct link between President Donald Trump's request to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and to investigate a debunked conspiracy theory pinning the blame on Ukraine for interfering in the 2016 presidential election.

Writing at Just Security, Goodman and Potcovaru examine past statements made by Giuliani both on cable news shows and on social media, and have discovered that Giuliani's efforts to get Ukraine to probe the 2016 election are also an effort to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump Organization boasts about India towers just days after Eric Trump says family doesn’t do international business

Published

on

The Trump Organization undermined Eric Trump's lie about the president's family ending its international business dealings.

President Donald Trump's second son falsely claimed last week to Fox News host Laura Ingraham that he and his siblings "got out of all international business" after their father took office.

"The difference between us and Hunter (Biden) is, when my father became commander in chief of this country, we got out of all international business," Eric Trump said.

However, the Trump Organization run by Eric Trump and his older brother Donald Trump Jr. sent out a tweet Monday morning promoting the Trump Towers in Pune, India.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

Trump wants to ‘wash his hands of responsibility for the Kurds’: US official tells NBC News

Published

on

A source reportedly told NBC News on Monday that President Donald Trump wants to "wash his hands of responsibility for the Kurds."

NBC correspondent Richard Engel reported the remarks on Monday morning.

"US officials tell me Trump wants to wash his hands of responsibility for the Kurds," Engel wrote on Twitter. "The US mil/gov gave Kurds REPEATED assurances of protection. US even asked Kurds to REMOVE defenses BEFORE the Turkish offensive. Kurds complied and now being displaced. WH says not our problem."

Read the tweet below.

US officials tell me Trump wants to wash his hands of responsibility for the Kurds. The US mil/gov gave Kurds REPEATED assurances of protection. US even asked Kurds to REMOVE defenses BEFORE the Turkish offensive. Kurds complied and now being displaced. WH says not our problem.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1 and go ad-free.
close-image