Quantcast
Connect with us

Ex-Bush strategist concludes Nunes memo proves ‘Trump campaign hired an agent of a foreign power’

Published

on

Former communications strategist Steve Schmidt couldn’t help but notice that the anti-FBI memo released Friday ultimately proved the worst for President Donald Trump and his campaign.

“I think it is important to call it, we all remember that the Mueller investigation really had its origins in July of 2016 when after [George] Papadopoulos was basically approached by Russian intelligence handlers, the investigation, the counter intelligence investigation of the Trump campaign kicked off,” said Jeremy Bash, former chief of staff t the CIA and Department of Defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

He went on to concluded that the fact that the FISA application wasn’t made until October 2016 proves that the application wasn’t based on the infamous Christopher Steele dossier.

“This memo released today by [Rep. Devin] Nunes (R-CA) is totally incomplete,” he continued. “It cherry picks all kinds of information. It doesn’t say what other information the FISA court relied on, and I also think its revelation is dangerous. For the first time the Russians now know the precise dates that Carter Page was under electronic surveillance. And if he was their probable agent, which is what the court found, they know when their communications with him — to him were discovered by U.S. law enforcement.”

Chuck Rosenberg, who previously worked for both Robert Mueller and former FBI director James Comey walked through the rigorous process of seeking a FISA warrant and noted that the warrant was renewed three times.

“In between application one and two, you have more information that is acting in that way. Between application two and three, even more. So, on and so forth. So, really pretty straightforward stuff,” Rosenberg said.

“How stupid are they?” Wallace couldn’t help but laugh. “Do any of them read? What they just revealed — I’m sorry if I’m getting this wrong — they just revealed the Trump campaign hired an agent of a foreign power as their senior foreign policy advisor to the president’s campaign…That’s what happens when you rely on Devin Nunes as your strategist, I guess.”

ADVERTISEMENT

All Schmidt could do is agree.

“When you saw the president earlier in the Oval Office, what he did, essentially, was toss up a serve like a volleyball, out over the net, which will now be spun into all manner of conspiracy theories,” Schmidt said. “The right wing media will spin off in 100 different directions.”

He went on to say that the intention of the memo was obviously to “sow confusion and chaos” around the Russia investigation.”

“Which is, did somebody or peoples on the Trump campaign, maybe with the knowledge of the president, maybe without, we’ll find out, collude with intelligence officers of the Russian federation to influence the outcome of the election,” he continued.

ADVERTISEMENT

Watch the full discussion below:


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

‘They deserve it’: Republican strategist tells GOP it’s their own fault for going down with Trump because ‘they know better’

Published

on

Republican strategist Susan del Percio said that there is no excuse for GOP members who failed to do the right thing and fight back against President Donald Trump when they had the opportunity.

Speaking to MSNBC's Joy Reid Thursday, del Percio called Trump "the anchor" around the GOP's necks, "dragging them down."

"But, you know what, they deserve it," she continued. "There are Republicans out there that deserve this because they know better. They should have been better on impeachment. They should have been holding him accountable all along. Now they are scared and worried about themselves. Well, boohoo, you brought it on. there's no excuse."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump officials demanded the Army ‘dig for misconduct’ to justify firing Lt. Col. Vindman

Published

on

This week, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman willingly left the Army after decades of honorable service. He cited a concerted campaign of "bullying" from the highest branches of power in the United States, and now more details are becoming known.

A New Yorker report revealed that top aides to President Donald Trump were told that they needed to find dirt on Vindman that could justify the firing of the decorated war hero.

"Vindman expected to go to the National War College this fall—a low-profile assignment—then take another foreign posting," the New Yorker reported. "But, in a final act of revenge, the White House recently made clear that Trump opposed Vindman’s promotion. Senior Administration officials told [Defense Secretary Mark] Esper and Ryan McCarthy, the Secretary of the Army, to dig for misconduct that would justify blocking Vindman’s promotion. They couldn’t find anything, multiple sources told me. Others in the military chain of command began to warn Vindman that he would never be deployable overseas again—despite his language skills and regional expertise."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

George Conway reveals how Mary Trump’s book and the Supreme Court prove the ‘walls are closing in’ on the president

Published

on

Republican lawyer and "Lincoln Project" co-founder, George Conway, wrote in a Washington Post column Thursday that there are a lot of commonalities in Mary Trump's forthcoming tell-all book and the Supreme Court decision passed down in President Donald Trump's case with New York prosecutor Cy Vance.

Mary Trump, who is a clinical psychologist, delivers "professional judgments about the president's indisputable narcissism and, perhaps, sociopathy dovetail with those that other experts have reached before," wrote Conway. "Yet it's not the possible diagnoses that give Mary Trump's book its punch. It's the factual detail — detail that only a family member could provide."

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image