Fox News host Jeanine Pirro blames Barack Obama for Rob Porter wife-beating scandal
Fox News host Jeanine Pirro suggested that former President Barack Obama was to blame for the scandal surrounding ex-Trump aide Rob Porter.
Porter never received full security clearance and was ousted from his position Thursday after reports surfaced that he physically abused two ex-wives. White House chief of staff John Kelly initially defended Porter as a “man of true integrity and honor.” But he later expressed shock at the allegations and reportedly forced him to resign.
According to Pirro, however, Kelly should not be blamed for the Porter scandal — but the previous president should.
“You want to stop a four-star general who is running the White House, who believes in chain of command, who makes a decision within forty minutes, because you hate President Trump? Find another scapegoat. You might want to look at the last president,” she said.
Porter was hired as a White House staff secretary for Trump on January 20, 2017 and reportedly had one of “the most important behind-the-scenes job in the administration.” He had previously worked for Republican senators.
She later interviewed Sebastian Gorka, a Fox News national security analyst and former deputy assistant to Trump, who claimed that federal officials had conspired to bog down security reviews.
“If they want to gum up the works and make the Trump administration’s job harder and harder, they play bureaucratic slow rolls.”
“It might be a deliberate minefield put in place where they know somebody like this has skeletons in their closet and they slow roll everything to make things like this explode a few months later,” Gorka told Pirro.