MSNBC has cancelled that weekly television show hosted by right-wing pundit Hugh Hewitt, the conservative explained at the end of his final show on Saturday.
“This has been the last Hugh Hewitt Show on Saturday mornings,” Hewitt explained.
He said that NBC News would continue to employ him as a contributor and he said he expects to continue to be a guest on MSNBC shows.
“It’s been great fun to host this show, I’ll see you on MSNBC again soon” the former anchor said.
Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks but does not want war
Saudi Arabia’s crown prince blamed Iran for attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman and called on the international community to take a “decisive stand”, but said that the kingdom does not want a war in the region.
Attacks on two oil tankers on Thursday, which the United States also blamed on Iran, have raised fears of broader confrontation in the region. Iran has denied any role in the strikes south of the Strait of Hormuz, a vital shipping route and major transit route for oil.
Businesses clamor for Trump’s ear as $300 billion in new China tariffs loom
Washington is planning another tidal wave of tariffs on Chinese imports that represent a worst-case scenario for markets and major industries on both sides of the Pacific.
And on Monday, seven days of public hearings are due to begin as major businesses issue their loudest warnings yet about layoffs, lost business and America's waning industrial predominance.
Some industries, such as steel and aluminum producers, have benefitted from President Donald Trump's trade policies and strongly support tariffs.
But the lion's share so far are pleading with his administration to spare the imports they depend on -- if not to step back from the brink of an unprecedented all-out trade conflict that economists say would prove dire for global growth.
Two AFP journalists beaten, detained in Central African Republic
Security forces in Central African Republic beat and detained two journalists working for French news wire Agence France-Presse (AFP) covering a banned opposition protest in the capital Bangui, the reporters said Sunday.
Charles Bouessel, 28, and Florent Vergnes, 30, said they were held for more than six hours and questioned three times on Saturday after having been manhandled by members of the Central Office for the Suppression of Banditry (OCRB).
The pair also had their equipment confiscated and a camera smashed up.
AFP condemned the incident as "unjustifiable police violence".