Quantcast
Connect with us

Ex-federal prosecutor wants to know why Roger Stone omitted revealing Russia meeting if there wasn’t anything to hide

Published

on

If Roger Stone didn’t do anything wrong, why did he neglect to tell federal investigators about a meeting with Russians that he swore was no big deal? That’s the question Glenn Kirschner, a former federal prosecutor, asked Sunday.

He explained when he was reading The Washington Post report there were two major things that jumped out to him.

“The first one is, we now see, unfortunately, this pattern that has emerged where it’s either Donald Trump Jr. or it’s now Roger Stone, they seem to get caught in their, let’s call them misrepresentations, generously. Whether it’s the Trump Tower meeting, and when it looked like that information was going to be disclosed to the public, then Donald Trump Jr. and his people got the email out in front of it to do control.”

ADVERTISEMENT

His other example was the meeting on Airforce One where the president helped craft the narrative about the email exchange and the Trump Tower meeting.

“Two weeks ago we saw the defense team leak a memo that included, let’s call it a correction, generously, indicating ‘we were wrong, the president really was involved and crafts that narrative which turned out to be a false narrative,'” he continued. “Now we have Roger Stone, and if reporting is accurate, he concealed this meeting with a Russian operative, where a Russian operative was asking for $2 million to provide dirt on Hillary Clinton.”

He reiterated the hosts’s characterization of it being a “drip, drip, drip” and noted the cracks in the dam are beginning to widen.

“The misrepresentations are flowing fast and furious,” he said.

Watch his full take below:

ADVERTISEMENT


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump alerts ‘active-duty U.S. military police’ for possible deployment to Minnesota: report

Published

on

President Donald Trump's administration is contemplating using active-duty U.S. troops in an attempt to quell the protests in Minneapolis, the Associated Press reported early Saturday morning.

As unrest spread across dozens of American cities on Friday, the Pentagon took the rare step of ordering the Army to put several active-duty U.S. military police units on the ready to deploy to Minneapolis, where the police killing of George Floyd sparked the widespread protests," the AP reported.

"Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours. The people did not want their names used because they were not authorized to discuss the preparations," the AP explained.

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

John Roberts joins liberals as Supreme Court rejects challenge to Newsom’s COVID-19 limits on California church attendance

Published

on

In a 5-4 ruling, the Supreme Court on Friday rejected an emergency appeal from the South Bay United Pentecostal Church in Chula Vista, California. The San Diego area church tried to challenge the state's limits on attendance at worship services:

The church argued that limits on how many people can attend their services violate constitutional guarantees of religious freedom and had been seeking an order in time for services on Sunday. The church said it has crowds of 200 to 300 people for its services.

Continue Reading
 

Facebook

Derek Chauvin’s wife wants a divorce: Her ‘utmost sympathy’ lies with George Floyd

Published

on

Continue Reading
 
 
You need honest news coverage. Help us deliver it. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image