Quantcast
Connect with us

Paul Manafort’s assistant gave FBI access to his storage locker: testimony

Published

on

A personal assistant to Paul Manafort granted an FBI agent access to a storage locker in Virginia, allowing the government to secure evidence that President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager is trying to suppress, according to testimony Friday in a federal court hearing.

FBI special agent Jeff Pfeiffer made the disclosure at a hearing to consider whether evidence from the locker and a separate search of Manafort’s home, both in the Washington, D.C., suburb of Alexandria, could be used in a trial set for July.

ADVERTISEMENT

The hearing comes three days after Judge T.S. Ellis denied Manafort’s motion to dismiss the case outright in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. The judge rejected Manafort’s argument that Special Counsel Robert Mueller had been improperly appointed and lacked authority to prosecute him.

None of the charges against Manafort relate to work he performed on the 2016 presidential campaign. Mueller is investigating whether Trump’s campaign worked with Moscow to sway the election. Trump denies any collusion and has repeatedly called the probe a politically motivated witch hunt.

In Friday’s hearing, Pfeiffer testified that Manafort assistant Alex Trusko told him he had moved records from Manafort’s residence into the storage unit. Pfeiffer described Trusko as a person who “ran various errands and also drove Mr. Manafort around.”

Pfeiffer, who conducted the locker search, said the FBI was tipped off to its existence by reporters.

ADVERTISEMENT

The judge adjourned the hearing without ruling but asked lawyers to submit additional motions in the case next week, possibly including a request to move the trial to another venue.

Ellis’ ruling on Tuesday marked the second time a federal judge has upheld Mueller’s prosecutorial power. Previously, Judge Amy Berman Jackson for the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia also refused to dismiss the Manafort case before her.

Those decisions mean Manafort is headed to trial in two cases, one before Ellis scheduled to start in July and the Washington case in September. The charges include conspiring to launder money, bank and tax fraud and failing to register as a foreign agent for a pro-Russia Ukrainian party.

ADVERTISEMENT

Manafort was jailed earlier this month after Mueller filed fresh charges against him over alleged witness tampering while he was under house arrest.

Reporting by Mark Hosenball and Nathan Layne; Editing by David Gregorio and Bill Trott


Report typos and corrections to: [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Facebook

Robert De Niro said Alec Baldwin is so good at playing Donald Trump he wants to punch them both in the face

Published

on

Legendary actor and Donald Trump foe Robert De Niro waited patiently as roasters bashed him before they went after Alec Baldwin. De Niro was mocked mostly for his age. But it was De Niro who had the last laugh.

When it was his turn to bring the funny, De Niro asked simply, "what the f*ck am I doing here?"

"This is like that Moscow hotel room where a bunch of whores pissed all over Donald Trump," he recalled.

When it came time to bash Caitlyn Jenner, De Niro said that there was something off about her, but he couldn't "put his finger in it."

"Yes, you can!" she encouraged.

Continue Reading

Facebook

SNL’s Chris Redd calls Caitlyn Jenner ‘Auntie Tom’ for supporting Trump over trans community

Published

on

Genius comedian Chris Redd went after Caitlyn Jenner for her Republican support of President Donald Trump.

While Jenner admitted in 2018 that she'd made a mistake, she was a big part of those few LGBTQ willing to support Trump in 2016.

"Hey Caitlyn, you godd*mn hypocrite," Redd began. "You're like, against gay marriage, you voted for Trump, you're like the Auntie Tom of the trans community. I mean, OK, you did open the door for trans people but then you ran in and slammed that sh*t shut behind your flat ass."

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

US ‘lies’ slammed after Mike Pompeo blames Iran for drone attacks without proof

Published

on

Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Abbas Mousavi forcefully rejected Sunday unsubstantiated charges by by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and US Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) regarding the recent drone attacks that caused serious damage to two crucial Saudi Arabian oil installations.

“It has been around 5 years that the Saudi-led coalition has kept the flames of war alive in the region by repeatedly launching aggression against Yemen and committing different types of war crimes, and the Yemenis have also shown that they are standing up to war and aggression,” Seyyed Abbas Mousavi said in a statement.

Continue Reading
 
 
Help Raw Story Uncover Injustice. Join Raw Story Investigates for $1. Go ad-free.
close-image