Quantcast
Connect with us

Trump’s tiny hands may have been mocked by Kim Jong-un’s over-sized letter

Published

on

President Donald Trump received a big letter from North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un on Friday — and describing the letter as “big” is, on this occasion, the literal truth.

Check out this revealing tweet from the White House Director of Social Media, Dan Scavino.

The comically large envelope was hand-delivered to Trump by senior North Korean official Kim Yong-chol on Friday, according to CNN. It reportedly contained a letter personally written by Kim Jong-un to Trump, and although its contents are unknown, the size of the packaging was in itself remarkable. Trump told reporters after his meeting with Kim Yong-chol that he had not yet read the letter, although the White House told reporters that he did so later. Either way, Trump announced that the previously cancelled June 12 summit with Kim Jong-un in Singapore has now been revived.

ADVERTISEMENT

Before being delivered to the president, the letter was “carefully examined” by the Secret Service in order to make sure it contained nothing which was threatening to the president’s physical safety.

Naturally, Twitter users began speculating that the size of the envelope was meant to send a message about the allegedly diminutive size of the president’s hands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Although Trump has reinstated the summit with Kim Jong-un, he made a point of lowering expectations for that event during a series of remarks outside the South Portico of the White House on Friday, according to the Washington Post.

“I never said it goes in one meeting. I think it’s going to be a process. But the relationships are building, and that’s a very positive thing,” Trump told reporters after taking photographs with Kim Yong-chol and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. He added that he conceived of the summit as a “getting-to-know-you meeting-plus” but that he remained optimistic.

“You’re talking about years of hostility; years of problems; years of, really, hatred between so many different nations. But I think you’re going to have a very positive result in the end. Not from one meeting,” Trump told reporters.

Trump also expressed hope that North Korea would agree to denuclearize, although he didn’t anticipate that that would happen after one meeting.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I told them, ‘I think that you’re going to have, probably, others.’ Hey, wouldn’t it be wonderful if we walked out and everything was settled all of a sudden from sitting down for a couple of hours? No, I don’t see that happening. But I see over a period of time,” Trump told reporters.

Not everyone in Trump’s Republican Party shares the president’s enthusiasm for the upcoming summit. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told the Greater Louisville Inc. Congressional Summit on Friday that Trump needs to be careful lest he be taken advantage of, citing the Iran nuclear deal struck by President Barack Obama as the type of foreign policy agreement that Trump needs to avoid, according to Politico.

“You have to not want the deal too much. If you fall in love with the deal, and it’s too important for you to get it, and the details become less significant, you could get snookered,” McConnell told the audience.

If the meeting between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un takes place, it will mark the first time that a sitting United States president has legitimized a North Korean leader of that country by treating him as an equal. Of course, as this recent report from the Washington Post reveals, that doesn’t mean that North Korea is above making requests which a true superpower would find to be embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT

But a particularly awkward logistical issue remains unresolved, according to two people familiar with the talks. Who’s going to pay for Kim Jong Un’s hotel stay?
The prideful but cash-poor pariah state requires that a foreign country foot the bill at its preferred lodging: the Fullerton, a magnificent neoclassical hotel near the mouth of the Singapore River, where just one presidential suite costs more than $6,000 per night.

The mundane but diplomatically fraught billing issue is just one of numerous logistical concerns being hammered out between two teams led by White House Deputy Chief of Staff Joe Hagin and Kim’s de facto chief of staff, Kim Chang Son, as they strive toward a June 12 meeting.

Report typos and corrections to [email protected].
READ COMMENTS - JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Trump-loving actor hilariously roasted for complaining that a Canadian team won’t visit the White House

Published

on

Kevin Sorbo, a Trump-loving actor best known for playing Hercules in the TV series "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys," drew instant ridicule this week after he bitterly complained about a Canadian team that wouldn't visit President Donald Trump at the White House.

Earlier this week, Toronto Raptors guard Danny Green said that his team would not accept an invitation to the White House thanks to the behavior of President Donald Trump.

"I try to respect everybody in every field that they do regardless of how crazy things are," Green explained. "But he makes it really hard. He makes it very, very tough to respect how he goes about things and does things. To put it politely, I think it’s a hard no."

Continue Reading

Breaking Banner

Teen brutally attacks Hispanic mother after she got him suspended by school for racist abuse of her son

Published

on

A student at New Jersey school has been accused of brutally beating a Hispanic mother after she complained about her son being subjected to racist abuse.

NJ.com reports that 35-year-old Beronica Ruiz, whose son attends the Passaic Gifted and Talented Academy School No. 20 in Passaic, New Jersey, went to complain to administrators after her son had been subjected to bigoted taunts and threats of violence from other students.

Continue Reading
 

Breaking Banner

E. Jean Carroll’s rape allegations against Trump exposed a depressing fact about the American public — according to this conservative

Published

on

This week, former advice columnist E. Jean Carroll published explosive allegations that President Donald Trump had raped her in a department store in the 1990s. In response, the President tweeted that she was "not his type" and that he'd never met her.

As the Democratic debates begin, media commenters wondered why a credible accusation of rape against a sitting President is not enough to permanently sink his chances at re-election, with some blaming the media for moving on too fast.

Writing in the conservative publication The Bulwark, Jonathan V. Last notes that the media did its job. And that it's the US public that lacks the moral compass to ditch the president, despite multiple allegations of sexual assault.

Continue Reading
 
 

Copyright © 2019 Raw Story Media, Inc. PO Box 21050, Washington, D.C. 20009 | Masthead | Privacy Policy | For corrections or concerns, please email [email protected]

I need your help.

The 2020 election needs you. There are 18 months until the election, and the Supreme Court is on the line. I'm trying to add journalists to do more exclusive reports. Let me get rid of the ads for you, and put your support toward 100% progressive reporting. Want to ensure your voice is heard? Join me and restore the power of hard-hitting progressive journalism.

HELP TAKE BACK AMERICA
close-link